• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This game was our "loss."

Wundrbread33

I can understand a great feeling of relief that the game was won, but there are a lot of things that need to improve before we play the Falcons.  This was another game that showed that we were the better team on the field, EXCEPT that New Orleans played just as hard, if not harder during the game.  I think Cam said it best that the learned that they won't win just by showing up.  They'll win when the beat each team.  

I hope they apply that lesson and beat Atlanta next week.  Stop thinking about the playoffs, just think about the next team.

1 hour ago, csx said:

We have up 350 yards. 35 more than our average and better than half the league averages for the season. If that is us getting torched we are on good shape. 

no one cares about yards.

Points matter.  D gave them up.   Gave up big pass plays. 

I think it has the opposite effect of a loss.  If anything yesterday just reinforced the confidence in coming back from anything in our team's mentality.  Can't imagine them feeling any way other than they can overcome their worst football and still win.

The cool thing is....they can!

19-0! #keeppounding

1 minute ago, CRA said:

no one cares about yards.

Points matter.  D gave them up.   Gave up big pass plays. 

Brees on that fast home turf is insanely hard to stop. Even the best defenses the past 5 years have struggled mightily. They did their best to take out luke and Norman and attack our slot. It worked. 

Sloppy game, but I believe it was an anomaly defensively imo. Add in the fact it was a divisional game and the fact Cam and the offense stepped up was really encouraging.

that special teams tho. I have no idea what they are doing wrong but it needs to be fixed.

Said it before the game when (almost) everyone on here was poking their chests out and going on and on about superbowls 19-0 and the like.

Division games, on the road, in December, against teams with nothing to lose.....those can be tough tough games.  We should have lost this one boys, and it may have been more beneficial to do so.

59 minutes ago, csx said:

Yep. And the blocked XP for 2. We gifted them 16.

I don't buy the "gift" tag there. A gift is like a few weeks ago when we allowed a safety to get out of the hole. The saints earned their turnovers. Especially on the ST points. That is what happens when another team gives it all even on a gimme Xp try. 

Panthers need to to tighten up, I am getting tired of worrying about punts and kickoffs. 

2 hours ago, CRA said:

QB - Cam learned a valuable lesson about letting up and assuming scoring would be easy

More than that, I hope he learned that he needs to be aware at all times. He might have been concussed on that play. That's something we can ill afford if we want a perfect season

2 hours ago, csx said:

We have up 350 yards. 35 more than our average and better than half the league averages for the season. If that is us getting torched we are on good shape. 

Points allowed is the only defensive stat that I care about. 

42 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

it may have been more beneficial to do so.

I will never never never understand this line of thinking. We came about as close to a loss last night as we have all season. The team doesn't NEED to lose. Though we fans are proud and confident, I assure you the team knows how close they came to having that first blemish on their record. They know how poorly they played. They know that, even though they definitely earned the win, they also escaped with a win. It's also good for them to have the confidence that they can overcome any adversity. Let them feel beatable. Don't let them be beat. 

Teams need sobriety of mind and humility. They need to feel mortal. But a loss isn't required for that, as we saw last night.

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Brees on that fast home turf is insanely hard to stop. Even the best defenses the past 5 years have struggled mightily. They did their best to take out luke and Norman and attack our slot. It worked. 

Sloppy game, but I believe it was an anomaly defensively imo. Add in the fact it was a divisional game and the fact Cam and the offense stepped up was really encouraging.

that special teams tho. I have no idea what they are doing wrong but it needs to be fixed.

They got Norman on the outside a couple times for big plays.  They didn't ignore Norman.   Now they didn't pick on him but Brees didn't avoid him.  

Archived