• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In other Saints news: Drew Brees is the face of a $719 million pyramid scheme

Ricky Spanish

This reminds me of some poo I ran into like 7 years ago. We were renting a house in 2008 and our neighbors were pretty cool. Dude did trucking for Conway. Well, he quit his job to join Primerica, which was an MLM scheme and he was so enthralled by it he quit his job. He ended up losing his house over that crap, and was constantly trying to get me to join him.

He even gave us tickets to go to some silly seminar at a hotel conference center and just like the OP's article, it felt like a revival. RVP's giving speeches about how they quit working for the man and were making huge dollars. Everybody was high fiving and poo. I looked at my wife and said we gotta get out of here before they start serving us Jim Jones style Kool-Aid. It felt like a straight up cult. 

These schemes are sad, but it took me about three seconds to realize what the fug was going on and get out of there. 

There are so many of these things out there. They are all built exactly like this and sell the exact same products. I really wouldn't be surprised if there is one singular manufacturer for all of these health MLM companies. The worst part about these things is that they separate people from positive relationships with rational friends and family. Sheep gonna sheep.

Archived