• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Your biggest concern going into the season?

Ruff

Now that the Draft is over and we've picked up our UDFAs, there are still some shaky areas on the team. What's your biggest concern heading into the season, assuming we head into this season with what we have now. 

For me, I'd say the biggest concern is Safety, followed closely by Punter. I'm still not convinced that Tre Boston is the best we can do in the defensive backfield. Often times last season he appeared to be out of place and trailing behind his guy (though, his athleticism was definitely an upgrade over Roman Harper). If we could sign Donte Whitner, that would be amazing. He would add that "4th LB", bringing a hard-hitting, run-stuffing Safety onto our team, and letting Coleman do what Coleman does. 

Punter is... Scary. The Punter is such an incredibly important position, especially when we need to flip the field. Is our defense awesome? Obviously. But, we still need to be able to pin other teams deep, not give up huge returns because of messed up hangtime, and be able to accurately punt into corners. Nortman was... Below average, I would say. He was never the best, and was always slightly behind middle of the road. I don't know if Roadhouse Swayze is an upgrade over him, but, I hope he is. Finding a Punter can't be that hard, right? ... Right?

I'm concerned that we are almost identical to what we were last year in almost every regard. If we had bolstered some of the areas we were weak, it'd be more palatable. But we regressed at CB and that's pretty much it.  

If Daryl W has progressed just a marginal amount he's pronanly gonna be a stud based off his strong preseason before the injury and then we got on a roll so you can't switch up if you haven't lost. He's insertion into lineup feels like we are getting another starter added so OT isn't as weak at seems.

Punter - duh
DE rotation - don't really like Delaire or Horton, Addison isn't a 3 down guy... don't really want to rely on Arthur Miley or Rakim Cox if someone gets hurt
Interior OL depth - Velasco, Amini, Scott >>> Scott, Gradkowski
CB - McClain kinda sucks and not sure how quickly the rookies could get thrown out there to start against guys like Julio, Evans, Jackson, Cooks, Snead, Diggs, Treadwell, Thomas, Sanders, who we all face in the first 6 games...
SS - Not sure Tre Boston is ready to be a full-time starter there... he's only ever started at FS

Probably predicting 11-5 or 12-4.

Archived