• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DGB Traded to the Igles

Ricky Spanish

44 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

They both started 5 games but DGB did have 102 more snaps than Funchess. And that garbage time production is the same thing I hear people say about Benjamin.

All I'm saying is this could workout for the Eagles not that he's better than Funchess

Yeah it could workout for them, DGB has all the potential in the world. I was just saying that despite similar stats, Funch was far ahead of DGB last year and has taken steps forward, not back like DGB. Situation certainly impacts a player and maybe this will work out for him and the Eagles, but I wouldn't bet on it.

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

It's pretty surprising tho because last thing I remember is him being pretty promising last year and him getting back into football shape so he must not be getting what those coaches are dishing out. 

On a side note Derrick Henry looks like a stud for them. He's probably gonna destroy our second and third string Saturday. 

Henry just looks so tall and awkward though. He looks like Brandon Jacobs 2.0 which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I can't imagine him being a work horse for 6+ years

17 minutes ago, Paintballr said:

Henry just looks so tall and awkward though. He looks like Brandon Jacobs 2.0 which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I can't imagine him being a work horse for 6+ years

Unless you are a freak talent like AP. Rb shelf life prime time is their rookie contract, basically. So that's not really a qualifier for me. It just comes with the territory in that position. He looked pretty fluid to me in his first preseason game and it is hard AF to bring him down. He trucked 3 players to get into that end zone. 

I agree he looks just like Brandon Jacobs. 

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Yes I was cool with drafting him but their was a very vocal crowd here that said he would bust hard like t rich

I thought and still think he's a beast.

I also always thought, having watched his straight-down-hill running style at Bama, that he was a bad fit in a read-option offense.

1 hour ago, nctarheel0619 said:

If he was on a team like ours with our phenomenal leadership in the locker room, he wouldn't be such a lazy fug.  Our leaders would keep him in shape.  

Like how our locker room kept Frank Alexander from the weed? Leadership is great and I've no doubt that players who just need some guidance can thrive here, but you can't fix stupid.

DGB was a huge project entering the draft, and with his set backs the process became an even bigger investment. He was not the next Randy Moss. He was the next Stephen Hill or Darrius Heyward-Bey. A ton of potential if the project pays off, but as we have seen with Hill, set backs are significant in their development.

54 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Like how our locker room kept Frank Alexander from the weed? Leadership is great and I've no doubt that players who just need some guidance can thrive here, but you can't fix stupid.

Meh, that's different.  You can't keep someone from being a dumb ass and smoking weed.  But you can help someone get motivated to workout.  Simple as that. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Check out their receiver depth chart. It's nothing to write home about.

Back when people were saying our receiving corps was one of the worst in the league, the Titans were often neck and neck.

I wouldn't underestimate their receiving corps. I suspect that Mariotta will spread the ball around, and though no individual receiver will put up great numbers, the unit as a whole will be more than sufficient. The key will be if Mariotta has sufficient time and has made a sufficient progression from year one to two. Kendall Hunter and Rishard Matthews are not slouches. Neither is Delanie Walker. Of course their ultimate plan is to focus on their running game, which has a little promise. 

Edit: And Tajae Sharpe has been making a little noise as well. I simply think that they didn't want to put in the time with DGB. He was always a project. I suspect he's not mentally smart enough to be on our roster.

Archived