• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predictions on firings if we lose this game?

Crazydounut

3 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I dont see anyone getting fired even if we have a 4 and 12 type season.  Too many excuses can be made by all involved.

I think the opposite. Gentleman is feeling a ton of heat right now from the media. Most are putting this season's failures directly at his feet. If the season tanking continues he's going to need to deflect some of that blame and scapegoat some coaches.

Mid-season? Not our way historically, and I don't see a conservative G-man or Rivera making such drastic moves in-season. Postseason? It would not only be this game, but would have to be a sum of horribly bad games.  I really don't think anyone is going anywhere, except for some position coaches if the season ends badly.

50 minutes ago, Crazydounut said:

Personally I think that no one will get the boot if we lose. I do want to see Shula gone though

if you scapegoat coaches....you have to scapegoat coaches that oversee what you significantly stink at (which isn't offense)

So if Ron gets backed into a corner where he feels he has to throw a coach under the bus for his own security....he would have to look at DL, CB, etc coaching and claim they were the issue (even though Gettlemen created the actual issue)

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

No one mid season, but going 1-6 to start the season after a Superbowl appearance is an epic embarrassment

only season Ron has fired a coach in season was after we hit the 2-7 mark

we hit that, Carolina IMO will have to start scapegoating more players and coaches.  They don't deserve it.  But they will be forced to throw someone under the bus to attempt to explain away the embarrassment.  B/c if it gets any worse....more and more attention gets put on the epic fail of Gettlemen.  Gettlemen however isn't going to admit he is the reason for the epic implosion (which he will be)....so he will start putting pressure on Ron for explanations.

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

only season Ron has fired a coach in season was after we hit the 2-7 mark

we hit that, Carolina IMO will have to start scapegoating more players and coaches.  They don't deserve it.  But they will be forced to throw someone under the bus to attempt to explain away the embarrassment.  B/c if it gets any worse....more and more attention gets put on the epic fail of Gettlemen.  Gettlemen however isn't going to admit he is the reason for the epic implosion (which he will be)....so he will start putting pressure on Ron for explanations.

I've said this before - Gettleman isn't going to come right out and say "I fuged up", but you can take it to the bank he will be spending some money on the secondary for the first time in his tenure as GM this offseason. If he doesn't, he should be fired. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the opposite. Gentleman is feeling a ton of heat right now from the media. Most are putting this season's failures directly at his feet. If the season tanking continues he's going to need to deflect some of that blame and scapegoat some coaches.

who in the media has any control over Gettleman's job?

Archived