• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stanford star RB Christian McCaffrey declares for NFL Draft

Kevin Greene

Per walterfootball:

McCaffrey has good balance to keep his feet, runs with an excellent body lean, and is a patient runner to set up his blocks. As a receiver, he has soft hands and is a very good route-runner. Not only does he make plays on offense, McCaffrey is a dangerous kick returner. The biggest issue for him is size and durability. While he held up well for Stanford last year, McCaffrey is undersized for a NFL feature back. He is a lot like Reggie Bush in terms of his size and playing style.

"McCaffrey is a dangerous kick returner."

I'd draft him just because of that honestly. Especially after seeing the classic "Fozzy for less than 20 yards" return or the "Ginn cardiac attack" type of return.

Love watching him play but i dont think he's right for us. I think he'll make some team very happy but we need an every down/between the tackles type of back and i dont see him doing that. Reminds me of a Reggie Bush type that is a dangerous guy to have out of the backfield and on 3rd downs and can obviously return for you but I think some team that goes running back by committee like the Saints or a team like the Pats who already have a power back are better fits

Archived