• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I the only one who thinks an 8-8 finish should cost Rivera his job?

KillaCamNewton

If we manage to beat Atlanta and the Bucs, especially when both of them need wins way more than we do, that tells me the perceived lack of talent on this roster is a myth, and that this team simply underachieved again after a playoff season. It also tells me that this team was more than capable of winning 11 or so games and being a playoff team, but as usual under Rivera, didnt play like it until the games no longer mattered, which is a true sign of the complacentcy sydrome this franchise has been dealing with since the Fox days. This year has been 2006/2009 all over again, hopefully JR finally learned his lesson.

4 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

For as poor as we have looked, this actually a playoff caliber team in the NFC. This team is roughly 3 plays away from being 8-5 instead of 5-8.

Were a few plays from 10-3. The Falcons, Seahawks and first Saints game have been the only ones where it was clear that the other team was clearly better that day

1 hour ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Were a few plays from 10-3. The Falcons, Seahawks and first Saints game have been the only ones where it was clear that the other team was clearly better that day

And I don't like Ron playing the injury card but there's a legitimate argument to be made that we've had an unusual amount of injuries to key players this year and that has certainly affected our record.

5 hours ago, Evil Hurney said:

For as poor as we have looked, this actually a playoff caliber team in the NFC. This team is roughly 3 plays away from being 8-5 instead of 5-8.

And that, my friend, is because of COACHING.

Ron and his staff need to be given their walking papers.  They won't be, but its only putting off the inevitable for another year.

20 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

And that, my friend, is because of COACHING.

Ron and his staff need to be given their walking papers.  They won't be, but its only putting off the inevitable for another year.

When we draft an actual difference maker or two (or three) , hire a new OC, and make a legit move in free agency this coming offseason, you will see that it makes all the difference in the world. Rivera will be a legit COTY candidate yet again. Rivera's history has proven that  that's the higher likelihood. 

Archived