• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance Taylor is our new WR coach

gorillamilitia13

So we did sign someone from the college ranks, Stanford's running back coach for the past 3 years. But he has some pro experience working under Rivera and Prohel here as an assistant WR coach, so we kind of did build from within lol. He was also App's WR coach in 2009 when they set some school receiving records. Honestly I don't know anything about this guy, he seems unproven so we will see how it goes.

If he can light a fire under KB's and Funchess' asses then I'm good. 

http://m.panthers.com/news/article-2/Lance-Taylor-named-wide-receivers-coach/809272b2-2587-4ba8-a54d-ec4256c74d75

Perhaps a guy coming from the college ranks can better relate, and could be more in line with the mindsets KB, Funchess, or any other young receivers may have vs veterans. 

I liked Proehl a lot as the WR Coach, but this could be an interesting hire none the less. 

12 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Perhaps a guy coming from the college ranks can better relate, and could be more in line with the mindsets KB, Funchess, or any other young receivers may have vs veterans. 

I liked Proehl a lot as the WR Coach, but this could be an interesting hire none the less. 

2 minutes ago, CashNewton22 said:

So a former college division 1 wide receiver who overachieved and went from walk on to a team captain? If nothing else dude has a great work ethic I'll take it.

I see a double dip at RB could be coming , Fournette/ McCafrrey 

McCafrrey would essentially be a slot WR like Edleman, Panthers could be take a que from the ATL's offense.

@FootballLivesMatter

@E CaT PanTHer 2

@CRA

@Hoenheim

@KillerKat

@AceBoogie

@shaqattaq

@Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

McCafrrey would essentially be a slot WR like Edleman, Panthers could be take a que from the ATL's offense.

@FootballLivesMatter

@E CaT PanTHer 2

@CRA

@Hoenheim

@KillerKat

@AceBoogie

@shaqattaq

@Jeremy Igo

how would we double dip at fournette and mccaffrey? They are both projected 1st rounders...

If the Panthers truly like McCaffrey more than Cook or Fournette then they will get McCaffrey with pick 8. Which I think is unlikely considering the other two probably fit our system of playcalling more.

Now if they were willing to change the playbook to adapt to McCaffrey skills then yes, it could be possible. I doubt highly that that happens though.

7 hours ago, Hoenheim said:

how would we double dip at fournette and mccaffrey? They are both projected 1st rounders...

If the Panthers truly like McCaffrey more than Cook or Fournette then they will get McCaffrey with pick 8. Which I think is unlikely considering the other two probably fit our system of playcalling more.

Now if they were willing to change the playbook to adapt to McCaffrey skills then yes, it could be possible. I doubt highly that that happens though.

We don't know that.  Everyone here is making the assumption that whomever we pick needs to fit within the system that we have ben running.  However, Rivera and Gettleman have been clear that we need to and will be changing our system to better protect Cam.  So, since Cam was the central piece to our entire offensive scheme, much of what we are used to seeing will likely be different. 

I think this guy having worked directly with McCaffrey the last few years may signal a significant change in offensive philosophy for the Panthers.  I expect our offense will add some radical changes from what we have done in the past.  We won't abandon the old scheme completely, but I think we will adapt it to have a more diverse running game that is RB centered and not Cam centered. 

7 hours ago, sanjay_rajput said:

@FootballLivesMatter

@E CaT PanTHer 2

@CRA

@Hoenheim

@KillerKat

@AceBoogie

@shaqattaq

@Jeremy Igo

This is hilarious...seriously doubt it but damn that would be trippy.

To add to that, I think we will be involving the RB's much more in the passing game this year.  I don't think their primary purpose will be to stay in and block or be the check down option anymore, I think we will be designing more plays in which they are the primary passing option.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the RB fill the slot receiver role for us.  In that case, a guy like McCaffrey would be an ideal fit for that offense.  

Archived