• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Trade Kony Ealy To Patriots

bobsfoodbasics

People are going to say we got fleeced in this but here's the truth. Kony wasn't making the team this year. He's in the final year of his contract too so good luck with that New England. 

This is a HUGE step for Gettleman imo. He's showing that he can admit to past mistakes. 

We have two second round picks now- smells like a move back into the first. 

Wow. Good. Moved up a fair amount but kinda wish we could've gotten a bit more. Voth was hinting he could get cut later in the year anyways, so nice to get something. Will probably ball out for Patriots but he only has one year left on his contract anyways. Great trade, in my opinion. Voth said he didn't show enough toughness, and I'd agree with that. Has all the physical attributes but not the mental strength to put it all together. He really should have Super Bowl like performances consistently (not stacked stat sheet, but that impact) but isn't even close. 

Just now, Confined9991 said:

Oh go fug yourself armchair GM of the year, Ealy was probably not going to make the roster at this point. 

Wow...what's with the hostilities man?  

Ealy surely would have beaten out Horton, since he has 3 times in a row now.  All I'm saying is that all we gained is 8 spots.  Not an extra pick.  8 freaking spots.  Sure hope Johnson doesn't have injury concerns again this season.  

IF we Gave them Ealy to move up 8 spots then lol.

If it's the comp then fine but if we are giving away a starting DE then we should be the team getting picks and only getting picks...not giving them away AND the fugin player....

Archived