• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hometown discount

SgtJoo

15 minutes ago, TheMaulClaw said:

Maybe if Marty Hurney offered him a contract instead of franchising him like 3 years in a row he wouldn't have left in the first place.

All those guys that Marty have ludicrous contracts to and the one guy he should've paid he let walk. Hurney'd.

He was a helluva 1st round drafter though, I'll give him that.

28 minutes ago, Daddy_Uncle said:

Not really a fan of bringing him back but whatever at least it didn't cost us too much. He better play his ass off though

Did Peppers fug your wife or something? Jeez the hate you have for him is unreal. The man didn't do anything illegal and of course he is going to be salty being in the situation he was in when he left. 

21 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That....didn't happen. He franchised him once and offered to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league. He accepted basically the same contract from the Bears to leave us.  He just wanted to leave. 

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

All those guys that Marty have ludicrous contracts to and the one guy he should've paid he let walk. Hurney'd.

He was a helluva 1st round drafter though, I'll give him that.

1 hour ago, PantherCam213 said:

If you had told me seven years ago that Julius Peppers would ever give the Panthers a hometown discount, I would have laughed in your face.  

Can't wait to see him back in the black and blue.

Man I really hope we get black on black at some point this year. Seeing Pep in that uni just one time would be awesome

1 hour ago, SgtJoo said:

Weird. Weren't the initial reports that it was a 2 year deal?

2 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That....didn't happen. He franchised him once and offered to make him the highest paid defensive player in the league. He accepted basically the same contract from the Bears to leave us.  He just wanted to leave. 

Well you may be right...Either way I would have left too before I was a member of the 2010 Panthers.

Archived