• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why does DG get cute in last 2 rounds?

Loved the first 3 picks.   4th one with Hall not a fan of trade up but will wait and see.    I would have waited for Hall to fall in 3rd or pick up Hendrickson and saved my 4th round pick for RB Marlon Mack, G Dorian Johnson, DE Lawson, CB/S Desmond King, or G Siragusa.    Or bc it's in DG's blood to trade up I would have gone with Basham or Rivers.   But let's see I'll trust him on this one.

However, why the pick of Armah and the kicker?   It's like he gave up or wants to be different.   There was little chance they got drafted so you can get them as UDFA.     And if not no big loss.   From Walterfootball (I know it doesn't matter but just sayin') 

Carolina Panthers: Alexander Armah, FB, West Georgia:  D Grade  
I'm not sure why Alexander Armah was drafted. He wasn't anywhere close to being on my board, and there were several better fullbacks available. 

Carolina Panthers: Harrison Butker, K, Georgia Tech:  C- Grade  
We didn't have Harrison Butker in our kicking rankings, so I don't know what to make of this. Surely, the Panthers could've signed him as a UDFA. I don't understand the logic behind this selection. 

Instead of Armah why not:

Minnesota Vikings: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech:  A+ Grade  
I love this pick in the sixth round, even though the Vikings didn't need a tight end. Hodges is still learning how to play the position, but he has major potential because of his excellent athleticism. The Vikings are swinging for the fences here, as Hodges could be a solid starter at some point. He could also do nothing, but getting someone who could've snuck into the second day this late seems like a great move. 

Los Angeles Rams: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech:  A Grade  
Wow, the Rams made a great pick! Sam Rogers was the best fullback in this draft, yet wasn't the first player taken at his position somehow. Rogers will help Todd Gurley, and he'll also serve as a Kyle Juszczyk-type pass-catching weapon coming out of the backfield. 

Buffalo Bills: Tanner Vallejo, LB, Boise State:  B+ Grade  
I projected Tanner Vallejo to be chosen near the end of the fifth round, so there's a bit of value here for him. The Bills wanted to add another linebacker, and they found one who is a speedy player. This is a solid pick. 

And instead of the kicker why not:

Oakland Raiders: Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina:  A- Grade  
Elijah Hood is not exactly the new sheriff in town because Marshawn Lynch was signed to be the new starter, but Hood has the potential to be the top back down the road. I had Hood slotted in the fifth round, so I like this value. Hood isn't very athletic, but he's a powerful between-the-tackles carrier. 

Houston Texans: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor:  A+ Grade  
The Texans have an excellent scouting department, as proven by their tendency to hit late-round picks and UDFA signings with high frequency. Kyle Fuller could be another hit, as I had him projected in the fourth round. Fuller's tape is very good, and he has great length for an interior lineman. 

Green Bay Packers: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU:  A+ Grade  
It's crazy that Malachi Dupre dropped this far. I've had Dupre slotted in the third round pretty consistently, though I did move him into the fourth frame at the end. There are some separation questions with Dupre, but one thing that is for certain is that at 6-foot-3, he's a vertical threat in the end zone. Davante Adams will be a free agent after 2017, and the Packers could have Dupre replace him in 2018.

Look before you guys argue I know you don't base stuff off sites like walterfootball.   But I bet there's a pretty good chance Armah or the kicker won't be on this team vs the others listed will make their team and turn out to be something.    It's just not this year....it's obvious picks we at home know it bad and scratch our heads while players we know that should have been picked end up being good.   Frustrating.    I guess in my head I'll just put that Ross was our 7th round pick and Boulware our 6th and that will make me feel better.  

Rounds 5-7 are literal crapshoots. No one knows how good those guys are going to be. 

Lord knows if the guys that you listed will do anything either. Odds are against every single one of the guys you listed.

Not a big deal honestly. If the coaches liked the kids, let them try and mold them to their liking. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I always get a kick out of when anyone who doesn't work in an NFL front office talks about "my board" like it actually fuging matters. Stop using industry lingo and just spout your useless opinion on prospects.

/rant off

I was just about to post this LOL

I really wanted Malachi Dupre, think Hood is a stud if he can stay healthy and also am cool with Sam Rogers. 

Tbh I'm happier with Armah over Rogers- way way more potential and the sense I got was we didn't think the kicker would be available as an UDFA. 

I think Bucky Hodges is a bust though. I  am telling you right now I have never heard good things about him off the football field in terms of the work ethic it takes to succeed in this league. 

31 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

Loved the first 3 picks.   4th one with Hall not a fan of trade up but will wait and see.    I would have waited for Hall to fall in 3rd or pick up Hendrickson and saved my 4th round pick for RB Marlon Mack, G Dorian Johnson, DE Lawson, CB/S Desmond King, or G Siragusa.    Or bc it's in DG's blood to trade up I would have gone with Basham or Rivers.   But let's see I'll trust him on this one.

However, why the pick of Armah and the kicker?   It's like he gave up or wants to be different.   There was little chance they got drafted so you can get them as UDFA.     And if not no big loss.   From Walterfootball (I know it doesn't matter but just sayin') 

Carolina Panthers: Alexander Armah, FB, West Georgia:  D Grade  
I'm not sure why Alexander Armah was drafted. He wasn't anywhere close to being on my board, and there were several better fullbacks available. 

Carolina Panthers: Harrison Butker, K, Georgia Tech:  C- Grade  
We didn't have Harrison Butker in our kicking rankings, so I don't know what to make of this. Surely, the Panthers could've signed him as a UDFA. I don't understand the logic behind this selection. 

Instead of Armah why not:

Minnesota Vikings: Bucky Hodges, TE, Virginia Tech:  A+ Grade  
I love this pick in the sixth round, even though the Vikings didn't need a tight end. Hodges is still learning how to play the position, but he has major potential because of his excellent athleticism. The Vikings are swinging for the fences here, as Hodges could be a solid starter at some point. He could also do nothing, but getting someone who could've snuck into the second day this late seems like a great move. 

Los Angeles Rams: Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech:  A Grade  
Wow, the Rams made a great pick! Sam Rogers was the best fullback in this draft, yet wasn't the first player taken at his position somehow. Rogers will help Todd Gurley, and he'll also serve as a Kyle Juszczyk-type pass-catching weapon coming out of the backfield. 

Buffalo Bills: Tanner Vallejo, LB, Boise State:  B+ Grade  
I projected Tanner Vallejo to be chosen near the end of the fifth round, so there's a bit of value here for him. The Bills wanted to add another linebacker, and they found one who is a speedy player. This is a solid pick. 

And instead of the kicker why not:

Oakland Raiders: Elijah Hood, RB, North Carolina:  A- Grade  
Elijah Hood is not exactly the new sheriff in town because Marshawn Lynch was signed to be the new starter, but Hood has the potential to be the top back down the road. I had Hood slotted in the fifth round, so I like this value. Hood isn't very athletic, but he's a powerful between-the-tackles carrier. 

Houston Texans: Kyle Fuller, C, Baylor:  A+ Grade  
The Texans have an excellent scouting department, as proven by their tendency to hit late-round picks and UDFA signings with high frequency. Kyle Fuller could be another hit, as I had him projected in the fourth round. Fuller's tape is very good, and he has great length for an interior lineman. 

Green Bay Packers: Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU:  A+ Grade  
It's crazy that Malachi Dupre dropped this far. I've had Dupre slotted in the third round pretty consistently, though I did move him into the fourth frame at the end. There are some separation questions with Dupre, but one thing that is for certain is that at 6-foot-3, he's a vertical threat in the end zone. Davante Adams will be a free agent after 2017, and the Packers could have Dupre replace him in 2018.

Look before you guys argue I know you don't base stuff off sites like walterfootball.   But I bet there's a pretty good chance Armah or the kicker won't be on this team vs the others listed will make their team and turn out to be something.    It's just not this year....it's obvious picks we at home know it bad and scratch our heads while players we know that should have been picked end up being good.   Frustrating.    I guess in my head I'll just put that Ross was our 7th round pick and Boulware our 6th and that will make me feel better.  

hahah WalterFootball.com knows better than Gman now?  stupid

Archived