• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Andy Lee The MVP Wants To Play For 5 Or More Years

Saca312

EBX6853-2.jpg

Andy Lee. One of the greatest punters to play the game.

His ability to pin teams down before the 20 in very unfavorable situations adds a whole new wrinkle that our defense can take advantage of. With defenses no longer getting short fields, our defense can feast on such undesirable matchups.

Apparently, Andy Lee wants to keep doing that until he's at least 40.

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Andy-Lee-hopes-to-stretch-out-his-time-with-Panthers/4940fa49-e126-4b4a-9477-1e7d60e683e1

Sure, Lee isn’t an every-down guy, but he was arguably Carolina's most dependable player through the first half of 2016. Impressively, half of his 36 kicks landed inside the 20-yard line, and his 49.1 yards per punt average was the second best of his career.

The more cautious Lee now includes a stretching regiment before and after practices. Because even though he turns 35 in August, the Charlotte resident of the past four years wants to keep playing where he lives.

"My personal goal right now is to play four to five more seasons," Lee said. "Obviously I'm here, so I'll play as long as I can because I'm home now.

"As long as I can stay here, I'd play 10 more years. I'll go until I get my butt kicked out."

1 hour ago, UpstatePanther said:

Is Lee the obvious better of Palardy? We can't keep both can we?

Yes. We can but it'd be silly. Palardy will be a phone call away in an emergency. Lee is the best punter in the league and unlikely to miss more time and we already let him take a pay cut to get more guarantee money and ensure his spot. No competition here, Lee is the guy for the foreseeable future. And you don't waste a spot on the 53 on a backup punter.

6 hours ago, #PanthersKing said:

Good! Greatest punter in franchise history!

Andy Lee is a very good Punter, but to say he is the best in franchise history is a stretch. Although his ego and mouth put him in hot water with the Panthers, Todd Sauerbrun still holds 10 Panthers franchise records, was picked for the Pro Bowl in 2002, 2003, and 2004 while also leading the conference in gross punting average for three consecutive seasons.

Not to mention he could flat lay a returner out. I remember seeing him make hits on return guys a Punter isn't suppose make, 

31 minutes ago, Wa'ya said:

Andy Lee is a very good Punter, but to say he is the best in franchise history is a stretch. Although his ego and mouth put him in hot water with the Panthers, Todd Sauerbrun still holds 10 Panthers franchise records, was picked for the Pro Bowl in 2002, 2003, and 2004 while also leading the conference in gross punting average for three consecutive seasons.

Not to mention he could flat lay a returner out. I remember seeing him make hits on return guys a Punter isn't suppose make, 

I agree. Played madden '04/'05 recentky and the is like a 99ovr punter

1 hour ago, Wa'ya said:

'roids and testosterone gel will apparently help even a punter...

Archived