• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rumor: (Confirmed) Carolina Panthers to charge admission to Fan Fest in 2017

Datawire

It upset me last year when people just got the tickets to sell them with no plans of going. However, doing that became necessary because they were only expecting to fill up the lower sections the year before and ended up filling alot of the top too. They were unprepared for that number of people. 

I didnt get to go last year because people were being scalpers to Friggin fan fest of all things. I wasnt about to pay those f'ers for a ticket they got for free. I don't mind donating money to charity for a ticket though.

(1) I have never agreed with using wealth for crowd control and that is what will be happening. There are thousands and thousands of Panther fans, children and adult alike, who will never have another opportunity to enjoy the stadium or see the team in person. Even $5 each for a family of 3 can be out of reach. Because of money or time constraints or lack of transportation, attending TC is off limits to most fans. Don't try to make yourself feel like a truer fan by putting down those that can't afford, whatever the reason, to go. The bottom line has nothing to do with charity.

(2) If you think that charging for fan fest tix will stop scalpers, well .........................  It will be stopping honest folk from attending.

(3) All I can do is lol at those who say, "I'll pay $5 for charity." By the time ticketmaster adds their fees and the sales tax you'll be lucky if that $5 only doubles. I went through 'buying' a ticket to Green Bay's Family Night (which btw sells out every year). http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/training-camp/family-night.html  The price is $10 per person (all seats in the stadium priced the same), going to charity. HOWEVER it will cost you $16.50 plus tax per ticket through ticketmaster because of fees. So now how do you feel about giving $5 to charity and about that much to ticketmaster? 

(4) The big difference between the Packers and Panthers is that the Packers' practice will be telecast on tv across the state of Wisconsin for free. That's one method of crowd control. Cuts down interest in the scalpers too.

(5) If they charge for tix, including fees, they better be damn sure ticketmaster handles the traffic way better than they did last year. This mindset of 'pay the fee because you're lucky to get the tickets' bs doesn't cut it.

Although this would work great for me personally, I see a lot of people bring their kids into this event that you can tell they could not afford to take them to an actual game that would be affected, and I don't like that. It's a lot of peoples only chance to see the team live.

I'll probably get tickets for my family, and none of them will want to go due to heat/rain/its football, and end up giving their tickets to someone showing up not knowing theres a fee.

$5 is the max I will pay, If It is $5.01 I will not go, that is preposterous that they use our tax money to build the stadium, and them players are owned by the tax payers....

JK, honestly, $5 is not a lot, but if they do what @GRWatcher said, and Ticketmaster get's their cut, it might jump it to $10. Which even $10 is not a lot, but it is to some families. Maybe a way to do it, is have like family pricing, like whole family for $20 or if you have kids they get in free.... etc. etc.

The typical percentage of petty posts in this thread, damn. I promise you, make something free cost a dollar, and the people you eliminate who refuse to pay are the people no one wants to be around anyway. It goes up on a sliding scale from there. $5 seems like a good target. Anyone who wants to go should be able to swing it. If it's too much, drive to Spartanburg one day.

Bottom line is that if they are going to the expense and effort to put on a good show for you, then they want people in the seats.  By charging a nominal fee, people will be less likely to grab as many tickets as they can just in case a friend wants to go or to try and sell, leaving many open seats, like happened last year.  This will allow more people to come that otherwise would have missed out as tickets dried up.  

And as popular as this event has become, first come, first serve like in 2015 just doesn't work anymore.  They needed a system that prevents people from taking more tickets than they need while allowing as many fans to get in as possible.  No system will be perfect, but this is probably about good as your going to get.

Archived