• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vernon butler

Toolbox

10 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Damn Collins would be so helpful to the team right about now. He was who I wanted too. *Sigh*

Honestly, I wanted Smith. I thought he was the best 4-3 DE in that class. Really surprised at how well he's transitioned to 3-4 OLB. Really did not see him as a 3-4 edge rusher.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

seriously....what's the point?

what's done is done.

will a cookie make you feel any better?

too bad. i ate them all.

He can't bitch about Funchess anymore after I blew his back out over the course of 14 snaps before Funchess showed out last week.

3 hours ago, Jesse said:

While hopefully optimistic, he has drawn rightful criticism. I think in this day and age 1st rounders need to have an impact early and often; he's yet to consistently do that unfortunately. 

Yeah like. He's good but our interior d-line depth is strong even past Star and Short. He's starting Calibur but so are Star and Short.

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I can't blame him too much for lack of production. He has the best DT tandem in the NFL in front of him on the depth chart. Sometimes I just don't understand what Gettleman was seeing with our roster where he felt he had such a great, well rounded roster that he could make these luxury picks like Shaq and Butler. Two 1st round picks spent on positions of great strength.

I think it was part about securing the strength and part Riveras philosophy. We all love to trash Dave for draft picks but when a GM has a coach forced on him you do want works. He made the right picks for what Rivera wanted. Even this past year drafting a offensive heavy draft. The most terrifying thought is Hurney is back and once again we have no one to evaluate talent. Do we will continue to draft the same way just more poorly. 

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Honestly, none of our DTs have done much.  We need to start getting much more pressure from the interior if this defense is going to improve.

with that being said...Butler is not a bust.  His snaps have been extremely limited.  

If you know what to look for they have done a lot. It's the reason peppers has been so successful. 

24 minutes ago, Snake said:

If you know what to look for they have done a lot. It's the reason peppers has been so successful. 

We have been gutted up the middle the last two games.  Teams should not be able to run the ball down our throats with the talent we have on the defensive line.  

I'm not saying he is a bust or anything but someone actually just shows one highlight to "prove" someone isn't a bust....which just so happened to be the only stat of the game for said person? that's hilarious honestly

Hell Dwayne Jarrett managed to score an NFL TD somehow....most people(like me) are just bent because we should have HH right now instead of a sparingly used luxury pick. Even the old ass FA DTs we've picked up lately have been more than serviceable.

Also I'm not seeing anyone call him a bust as it's hard to call someone a bust when he is behind two all pro caliber DTs....when is he supposed to see the field to prove anything anyway? He was a bad pick regardless of if he can play or not it was just the wrong pick for us at that time.

7 hours ago, Rags said:

Yeah like. He's good but our interior d-line depth is strong even past Star and Short. He's starting Calibur but so are Star and Short.

Exactly. It's hard to get on the field when you have those two mammoths taking up reps. 

Archived