• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Plan on Selling Team

Admiral Ackbar

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hasn't this always been the plan?

Well, except for that whole no comment on leaving the Carolinas thing. I imagine that's probably more to retain a bargaining chip to try to exploit tax payers for a new stadium or stadium upgrades than it is a real threat to leave though.

Mabye so, I was unaware that they wanted to sell. Is it sad that I'm kinda of glad its not staying in the family? 

Selling the team will probably be the best. I don't for see the team being moved out of Charlotte. The move to LA isnt looking good thus far, and Vegas is still to come. While time will tell, I don't see a market to move a team to, I think the risk would be too great considering how the team is doing here. 

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hasn't this always been the plan?

Well, except for that whole no comment on leaving the Carolinas thing. I imagine that's probably more to retain a bargaining chip to try to exploit tax payers for a new stadium or stadium upgrades than it is a real threat to leave though.

Same poo out here in Vegas with the Raiders, nobody here, and I seriously mean nobody, wanted the Raiders here, but someone we got "awarded" that fug ass franchise and now our taxes are going up like crazy to pay for it. Makes no sense why taxpayers here should have to pay for something we didn't want, we all know damn well when it's paid for, they won't drop the taxes back down

14 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

That's not new news, likely due to inheritance tax. I could see Jordan, Belk brothers or Mark Cuban buying the team. There's no way the team moves, to where? St. Louis, London, San Antonio, other than London those would be downgrade choices. London will never have a full time team, travel logistics make it impossible

Hell no to Mark Cuban. You think Hurney is bad, Cuban throws a max contract at a role playing shooting guard every summer

The huddle is in uncharted territory here...ban.  Richardson is a great man and brought this franchise to the Carolinas.  I'm on record that this is out of bounds and wrong.  If we do end up losing this team it will have plenty to do with negative fans sitting on the couch somewhere expecting perfection every week.  Even then they find a problem.  No class, we should be better than this.  Period.

Archived