• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"No one can cover Christian McCaffrey 1 on 1"

Jeremy Igo

11 minutes ago, Castavar said:

His cuts are the same speed. It's just that CMC looked good in INDIVIDUAL drills because there aren't 10 more guys running to the play. It's easy for a shifty RB like CMC to make Luke and TD look bad in individual drills. I knew to take that with a grain of salt because that drill is set up to always make the RB look good.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/08/02/carolina-panthers-christian-mccaffrey-ankles/

That is the one that I was referring to. Now given it also only went for around 4 or 5 yards but he made the cut sooner on it vs in the Bucs game. Though technically speaking looking at the Bucs one again he really didn't have a cut to make since if he cuts in there was already another defender waiting.

People are extremely overracting on McCaffrey.  

He is a rookie on a team that hasn't been able to run block for running backs for seasons.   Fournette is a beast.  If Fournette was meet in the backfield as often as our RBs and asked to run into the backs of lineman all game he wouldn't be having his season either.

McCaffrey is currently on pace for 988 yards (and that is him being bottled up and not doing that much).  A thousand yard season isn't a bust.  

My prediction?  McCaffrey finishes the season with approximately 1500 total yards his rookie year. As he will eventually start to get loose.  Like the turnovers Pep and Luke talked about.  They will come.  And with McCaffrey's talent....it is only a matter of time before the chunk plays come.   That won't be a bust.   And if in fact, he will finish with nearly identical total yardage as Fournette. 

1 minute ago, ichigo1057 said:

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/2017/08/02/carolina-panthers-christian-mccaffrey-ankles/

That is the one that I was referring to. Now given it also only went for around 4 or 5 yards but he made the cut sooner on it vs in the Bucs game. Though technically speaking looking at the Bucs one again he really didn't have a cut to make since if he cuts in there was already another defender waiting.

Oh ok. Yeah, that was a great fast cut, however, Luke and TD are obviously not going full speed. And tbh, that's textbook from them. Make CMC cut it back towards the swarming defenders. I actually have seen him make some pretty good cuts this year, he just isn't breaking any tackles. His cuts allow him for like 3-4 more yds (as also seen in that gif), but that's it.

4 minutes ago, Dingo_ate_Babies said:

McCaffrey is not a RB that you can build your offense around as a featured back/player. Hes a complementary piece that works well as a secondary option / check-down guy.  He works best when someone else is rolling. Force feeding him the ball is not the right way to use him.

Yep. He could be a HUGE part of a superbowl team, but not THE part. We have learned early that force feeding CMC is a recipe for losing. Cam seriously needs to do a better job at spreading the ball around like in 2015. He missed CMC on a LOT of open underneath routes and instead launched it to a double covered WR.

3 minutes ago, Doyle said:

He is exactly who I thought he was before the draft.  A 2nd rounder. 

Before the combine Fournette, Cook and Kamara were the top 3 backs on almost every mock and big board 

All of a sudden the underwear Olympics were enough to catapult Mccaffrey ahead of two guys that were clearly better than him.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I'm sure glad we have all these pro scouts on here that can determine a guys value after only a half a season on an offense that looks like ass a majority of the time.  

Exactly. The negativity of the "glass half-empty" crowd on here is amazing. On a 5 and 3 team with no play-makers other than Cam, I think CMC is doing pretty well for a rookie. 

Maybe I'm seeing things but it looked like he had the edge but tried to cut back inside right into the guy. He also stopped his own momentum making that cut instead of trying to stiff arm and keep going. That's what I see anyway. He's not playing in college anymore, those moves just aren't going to work as easily in the nfl.

Archived