• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Need a RB

unicar15

This is not a knock on CMC. I’m actually a huge fan and in the current NFL having a guy like him who catches everything and runs great routes is invaluable. 

But...we need a guy we can hand the ball to 20 times a game and be consistent. This isn’t just an OL problem anymore. Not having Kalil hurts. Not having a starting caliber left tackle hurts. But Norwell, Turner, Williams are solid up front. We need a guy who is going to hit the hole with power. JStew isn’t that guy anymore. The Panthers need to look early either in the 1st or 2nd for a work horse runner. Hurney loves drafting running backs. As long as he takes the right guy I’d be ok with it.

I have an idea. Let's wait until the season is actually over. Then we can sit down and evaluate what we need to do going forward. Take a look at the draft. Who is going to be a FA. Too much going on in season to look that far ahead.

But yeah. If one falls in our lap. Snatch the bugger up.

24 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

I would love to have Chubb, but I bet he probably goes top 15.

We seem on track for a wild card spot at worst.  We'll likely be drafting in the bottom third of the draft. I agree with you about Chubb. I'd be shocked if he lasted until pick 20.

I'm not even sure if we really need to draft a RB high in the draft this year. I think CAP could be productive if given more carries. CMAC is looking better as the season progresses. And technically, Stewart is under contract for one more year. Id be ok with that group if Stewart  weren't the starter. Fozzy would be the odd man out.

We could use depth (or a potential starter)  at SS, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, CB, and even TE. We've got 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds 2018 so this is the offseason that could make (or break) us for the next several years. I wouldn't go RB unless an absolute stud fell in our lap.

Bo Scarborough and Royce Freeman will be sitting there most likely when our 3rd rounders are on the clock . So will Fumagali , who is even more relevant now that Dickson and Manhertz struggle blocking and Greg has been battling injuries this year. We should be getting a TE or RB , at least 1 of the 2 if not both. And dont rule out WR if the staff doesnt think Samuel will remain  healthy. Courtland Sutton is a monster, and Christian Kirk, Anthony Miller are speed demons all could be around our late pick in the draft depending on how we do in the playoffs. 

RB, OT, CB, C, S, DE, WR, TE (in no order)

All positions in which arguments could be made we need to address in FA and the draft. 

I'd prefer going after a reliable veteran WR a la Cotchery to pair with Funch + Samuel + Sheperad + Byrd/Clay

OT a veteran would be best but is going to be too expensive so a high round pick

Don't draft a RB in round 1 and signing a veteran is probably a bad idea (so rounds 2-4)

CB is a definite need, won't be mad at all if we use a first rounder here

S we've been patching for awhile- probably will continue to do so, but a stud SS or FS in the draft would be awesome

DE is a need, CJ is just bad at this point. Pep is situational. Addison is great.

TE if Olsen can't come back this needs no explanation.

31 minutes ago, SOJA said:

RB, OT, CB, C, S, DE, WR, TE (in no order)

All positions in which arguments could be made we need to address in FA and the draft. 

I'd prefer going after a reliable veteran WR a la Cotchery to pair with Funch + Samuel + Sheperad + Byrd/Clay

OT a veteran would be best but is going to be too expensive so a high round pick

Don't draft a RB in round 1 and signing a veteran is probably a bad idea (so rounds 2-4)

CB is a definite need, won't be mad at all if we use a first rounder here

S we've been patching for awhile- probably will continue to do so, but a stud SS or FS in the draft would be awesome

DE is a need, CJ is just bad at this point. Pep is situational. Addison is great.

TE if Olsen can't come back this needs no explanation.

Saftey , Cornerback, and DE are our top needs by a country mile. We have problems on offense but the young talents is certainty there in my opinion ( McCaffrey, Samuel, Byrd, Funchess, Artis Payne ). Oline would be nice but by no means should we be throwing alot more money at it after the Kalil and Turner deals. 

Saftey we've been ignoring and using aging bargain bin veterans as a band aid . We are consistently burned down the middle of the field and have way too many 3rd and longs converted against us with regularity. Too many whiffed tackles and blown coverages, we don't have an "enforcer" in the backfield like we have in LB (Luke, Davis) and Dline (KK, Addison). 

CBs, we spent half a draft on them , but the organization is going to have to admit Gettleman almost totally whiffed on CBs after giving norman the boot. I dont think any teams respect our secondary and bradberry has regressed horribly. Lack of talent at CB is killing us. Worely has bad very bad and Seymour has been underwhelming. 

DE is obvious, Addison is good but is pretty much all we have for the forseeable future. CJ is done, Peppers is old , Horton is mainly known as a run stuffer, Hall was on IR on IR all season so he's a huge questionmark. Need an infusion of young talent at DE and saftey in a bad way. 

Archived