• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Newton - Rivera a "lock" to be back

trueblade

29 minutes ago, beastson said:

Well I'm interested to see what happens IF we miss the playoffs

Are you really interested in that...?  I don't want any parts of it really.  But,  if that were to happen, then that would be enough of a justification to blow it all up. 

49 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Get a decent OC on the staff and the Rivera hate would largely disappear.

Sure there would be things that he would do that would be head scratchers from time to time but the relentless calling for his head would end.

Nah this is the huddle. Even if we had belicheck, you'd see topics after every week "Is Bill on the hot seat" "We can do better than Belicheck" "He did such and such that one time, he's garbage"

I think that over all,  Rivera is a good coach.  He certainly could stand to clean some things up. I think that it's worth weighing whether or not the bad things should be tolerated when juxtaposed against the good,  and right now I'd have to say that they should. 

People try to use the argument that others are saying that Ron needs a perfect team to win it all,  but I would just point to the fact that he hasn't had anywhere near a perfect team but has still found ways to consistently win.  His teams have had glaring weaknesses,  but they've been competitive for the most part. He has done some amazing things at times when most thought that his teams were dead in the water. That being said,  he's not Merlin.  There's only so much that you can do when your team has glaring holes.  That being said, it would be nice if he developed a killer instinct when his foot is on someone's neck. 

41 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Nah this is the huddle. Even if we had belicheck, you'd see topics after every week "Is Bill on the hot seat" "We can do better than Belicheck" "He did such and such that one time, he's garbage"

thats a pretty stupid comparison . Are we assuming he still had multi super bowl wins? Or he had been here since Cam started? I have a hunch people wouldn't be complaining that much

Wouldn't matter anyway, JR would just hire another one just like him so on and so forth. This is an ownership problem.

I have no doubt in my mind this could be similar to the Denver situation. Denver had balls enough to fire Foxy and bring in a new look because they knew they were underachieving. They bring in Kubiak to manage the offense, and then made one hell of a hire in Wade Philips as DC. What happened? Oh, nothing but beat our ass in the superbowl. Oh well, guess we'll continue to waste Cam's and Luke's prime years with this heartless coaching staff.

Archived