• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Congratulations Coach Rivera

MVPccaffrey

Just now, Fox007 said:

If Rivera hadn't Riveraed our SB then he'd have some leeway. Crazy how that works huh?(sarcasm font)

They lost to a stifling defense, a more experienced Patriots team had no answer for it either they won't have face a defense anywhere near that level this year.

3 minutes ago, Chris1 said:

They lost to a stifling defense, a more experienced Patriots team had no answer for it either they won't have face a defense anywhere near that level this year.

They won't have to since the Bucs last ranked defense just shut Shula down like they WERE those Broncos.

Matter of fact this team has turd egged it in several games this year vs near last place defenses and a Saints defense with 5th stringers in.

Hint(in whisper voice): it doesn't matter what D you play against if you run it up the middle at least once on EVERY 3 down sequence.

16 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Worst coaching I’ve ever seen today though, but we trudged through it.

However, all credit goes to Cam for saving the team once again. God Wilks, Shula, and everyone were so bad with their calls today.

Coaching wasn't great obviously but really our on field performance was horsesh*t all around too. That, you can't blame on coaching. Just a clunker all around.

9 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

I wonder what a lot of HCs records look like with Cam/Luke on the team.

Takes more than two players to win,  even ones of Cam's and Luke's calibre. But, we can thank Hurney for drafting two of the better players in the NFL. He really hit it out of the park with Cam,  and, even more, Luke. 

5 minutes ago, Saca312 said:

Worst coaching I’ve ever seen today though, but we trudged through it.

However, all credit goes to Cam for saving the team once again. God Wilks, Shula, and everyone were so bad with their calls today.

Signed in after taking a long time off just to pie this post of truth, with the exception of leaving out credit to some other players on both sides of the ball who, besides Cam, also came up big when it counted, and that includes the perennial punching bag here, Mr. Bersin (despite the bobble INT caused by a perfectly timed hit...(his hands are great, just maybe not on that one play)).

Shula must be saving anything remotely "evolved" for next week or the playoffs, because I haven't seen such predictable offensive (in both meanings of the word) play calling in a long time. Yet again, many times CMC was open for a safe 5 to 7 yards, and almost never got the look, and since 13's departure, I don't blame Cam for locking onto another WR, but rather, apparently, CMC was never in the progression as a receiver on those plays, even as a checkdown.

The D calls were either [almost] equally bad, and/or certain guys, the secondary in particular, often played like scrubs. For a head coach who is defensive minded, and prides himself on preventing the big play, I certainly didn't see evidence of that today. Although the pass rush was particularly impressive, I guess the "cost" was leaving some guys in back on an island, for which they had no survival skills or ability.

I don't have the football smarts or lingo down pat like many here, but some of this stuff is obvious to anyone with an even halfassed good logical and objective, analytic mind. So many times today, on both sides of the ball, I saw the probable result before the snap...and I have an answer: More "You been watching' film? Cool, watch this!" and less Stewart up the middle for little or no gain, or the half dozen Shula call equivalents. WTF happened to the offense we've seen for the past month?

PS-Shout out to Pep. Dude is still amazing and nothing would be finer than for him to be back in Carolina, and get a ring this time.

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

They won't have to since the Bucs last ranked defense just shut Shula down like they WERE those Broncos.

Not even close the Panthers were playing the Broncos style of game in the SB they're more of a defense first team now that can score 30 on a good day.

Archived