• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best article ever Ed Hardin on Panthers offense

raleigh-panther

Couldn't agree more, although this is the most successful expansion franchise ever - going .500 in the first 22 years and reaching two superbowls is a major accomplishment for such a relatively young team, compare that to the Jags. 

I hope we are finally ready to build around our franchise QB. I know people have mixed feelings about Hurney, but Gettleman is to blame for a lot of this failure to build around Cam as well. 

The firing of Shula signals to me that we're ready to take the next step - I think Hurney was behind that and I commend him for it. Let's hope he continues to take an aggressive approach to giving Cam the tools he needs to win a SB. 

On 1/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, hepcat said:

That is brutal

I was gonna say the same thing but I see you've already said it for me.

The truth is goddam brutal sometimes.  The light is really painful when you've been squeezing your eyes shut for years but you finally have to open'em.

On 1/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, Billy Love said:

I agree with every word in this article.

On the last play, with everything on the line. Our 5 offensive lineman could not block their 3 pass rushers. We started game burning a time out because " oh sh!t, we need to call a play?" And we end it by laying down and letting Cam Newton get trucked one last time. 

Mike Shula, don't let the door knob hit ya where the good lord split ya! BITCH

I did not even realized the Saint's only rushed 3 on that last play... makes the lose and fact he had 1 second before getting sacked worse.  I also hated on the last drive, like many this season every pass was thrown deep.  There was enough time at the end for some short passes, get to line down the ball or run another play vs throwing three times deep.  Then instead of having to throw 40+yards for TD if we get close its provides more options.   

Oh well... on to next season. 

7 minutes ago, grateflday said:

I did not even realized the Saint's only rushed 3 on that last play... makes the lose and fact he had 1 second before getting sacked worse.  I also hated on the last drive, like many this season every pass was thrown deep.  There was enough time at the end for some short passes, get to line down the ball or run another play vs throwing three times deep.  Then instead of having to throw 40+yards for TD if we get close its provides more options.   

Oh well... on to next season. 

The author was wrong.  The Saints rushed 5.  Three got to the qb easily, so i am not sure its any better.

Archived