• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Begin Conducting GM Interviews This Week

bobsfoodbasics

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You think only two? I think 3-4. JR's gonna set his old buddy up right. Probably still feels bad about firing him in the first place.

He can get 50 year extension and it's meangingless because a new owner could fire him next year. But yes, for formality's sake It will be two - like Rivera's

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Hurney and a Rooney rule interview.

Awesome.

Seriously this...

Its obvious they always intended to keep Hurney. It’s been 3 weeks since we’ve been eliminated, he already has draft work done, and fired and hired coaching staff. You don’t wait 3 weeks when everyone has already made moves to then “hire” your GM. 

Its a slap in the face of the process and would piss me off if I was the candidate. It wouldn’t surprise me if Tina didn’t even know how to start the process as we don’t really have any executive or people with experience there to help her: 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

It is absolutely shitting on the spirit of the Rooney rule. Teams are supposed to honestly consider minority candidates for their positions. The Panthers will not do that.

Which is why I’m in favor of tossing the rule. I don’t believe it actually helps minotroty candidates at all. These organizations aren’t dumb, they know who the good minority candidates if they’re truly interested they would interview them without the rule. Nobody has ever hired anyone because they were forced to interview them. 

Archived