• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Nippleshorts Prophecies

SCP

So I floated a hypothesis out this morning on Twitter about Dave Gettleman’s plan.  So far we have seen ol’ Nippleshorts plant seeds about Norwell and Gano.  These rumors did not get out of the Giants front office by mistake.  Dave is going to rope-a-dope the less savy, emotional Marty Hurney into overpaying Gano. Dave wants Norwell, obviously.  Dave is not happy with how JR bumbled and fumbled his job.  Dave floats out the Gano interest becuse he knows Marty will panic and take the bait.  Meanwhile Marty and Ron let emotions factor into decision making and are now planning to either tag or overpay Graham Gano.  Meanwhile the Giants sign Star and Norwell.  Think about it. Dave knows Hurney’s history. He’s studied all Hurney’s work and past moves from the inside. He knows Ron and his affinity for vets. Nippleshorts NEVER showed his hand while here as GM, why else would he let rumors about Norwell and Gano leave his office in New Jersey?  Why? Because Dave knows exactly how to play Hurney and Ron.

Feel the Hurn 2018!

Overpaying a kicker can't cap strap an organization. It can just make an otherwise awful situation worse. And I don't think we've seen any indication Hurney is going to have the same problem considering the cuts he's already made. Let's see what happens... all indications are that Star and Norwell are gone which is worth it considering the money they'd need to stay.

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

all indications are that Star and Norwell are gone which is worth it considering the money they'd need to stay.

Norwell is going to get PAID, and we just don't have that cash available.  

Star is already on the "most likely to be overpaid" list on NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000919562/article/sammy-watkins-headlines-free-agents-who-could-be-overpriced).  So there's that.

Did Gettleman play head games over Gano?  Who knows?  Gano picked a good time to be a pro bowler which already ratchets up his contract demands.  What other options are out there for kickers aside from hoping a college kid is a safe bet inside the 50?

Every team in the league floats misinformation to try and get other teams to screw up. That's part of the game. Sometimes it's general. Sometimes it's targeted.

We know Marty's been a victim a couple of times already. The Johnson contract ballooned because Atlanta floated out misinformation that they were ready to offer him big money. Likewise, the Armanti Edwards pick was made way higher and with more draft capital spent than should have been because the Colts bluffed Marty into believing that they were going to take Edwards higher than they actually had him.rated.

I'm hoping we don't see repeats of this sort of thing.

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If Dave is really this downright spiteful and emotional that he would gamble with the Giants salary cap as a revenge tool, I have to say I'm glad we moved on when we did.

putting rumors out has literally zero impact on the Giants salary cap

22 minutes ago, SCP said:

Nippleshorts NEVER showed his hand while here as GM, why else would he let rumors about Norwell and Gano leave his office in New Jersey?  Why? Because Dave knows exactly how to play Hurney and Ron.

Feel the Hurn 2018!

Meanwhile Hurney is doing sit-down exclusives with the Observer and appearing on radio shows detailing his plans.

Makes sense.

Archived