• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is it like this with Every. Single. FA Player we discuss?

Hotsauce

Hurney signed Haruki Nakamura and Legadu Nanee.

Gettleman signed Kurt Coleman and Jericho Cotchery.

Hurney also has a history of overpaying for sub-par talent that hurts us for many years into the future.

Gettleman overpaid for sub par talent once with Matt Kalil, the other FA signings didn't hurt us at all in the long term. 

Gettleman had experience as a scout. Hurney has job experience as a writer.

It basically feels like Mike Lombardi is running the team with Hurney at the helm. 

13 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Hurney also has a history of overpaying for sub-par talent that hurts us for many years into the future.

Gettleman overpaid for sub par talent once with Matt Kalil, the other FA signings didn't hurt us at all in the long term. 

It basically feels like Mike Lombardi is running the team with Hurney at the helm. 

and Mitchell and Ginn and Norwell and Peppers lol

Edit: probably equally as important... he didn't over pay them after their big year once they went back to FA.

I think the real question is, why is it that every time ANY FA is released and someone half way recognizes their name, we have to have an article to discuss whether or not we should pick them up?  Then all of the sudden logic and facts go out the window and next thing you know we have polls about whether we should bring in an aging Vet who hasn't been productive in 3 years.  I swear, if Hakeem Nicks said right now he felt like he could still play, we'd have 2 or 3 posts about signing him and our new depth chart.

15 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

You can also say Dave left a out with Matt Kalil that Hurney slammed shut. 

11 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

Gettleman also signed Russell Shepherd who contributed about half as much as Legadu Nanee. He happened to pay him significantly more. Funny

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

Gettleman also signed Russell Shepherd who contributed about half as much as Legadu Nanee. He happened to pay him significantly more. Funny

did Legadu play special teams? 

Just now, Moo Daeng said:

We can cut him and save money. Like I said, his misses don't hurt us for years to come.

Also Shepard was a stud on ST's this year, no one seems to realize it though. There's a reason we weren't bottom half in ST efficiency last year for the first time in forever and Shepard was a major contributing factor for that.

Just because he didn't catch passes doesn't mean he's useless. 

20 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Because people would rather be right on the internet for huddle street cred versus being an optimistic fan of the team.

Is there a benefit to being optimistic if the team is bad?

I'm sure there are plenty of optimistic Browns fans out there. I don't really wanna be one, though.

10 minutes ago, X-Clown on 1 said:

I think the real question is, why is it that every time ANY FA is released and someone half way recognizes their name, we have to have an article to discuss whether or not we should pick them up?  Then all of the sudden logic and facts go out the window and next thing you know we have polls about whether we should bring in an aging Vet who hasn't been productive in 3 years.  I swear, if Hakeem Nicks said right now he felt like he could still play, we'd have 2 or 3 posts about signing him and our new depth chart.

pie whores thats why. self validation on a public forum. even when it makes no sense. it's a joke at this point

30 minutes ago, Hotsauce said:

28595B64-C9A3-4F96-AD1D-EFA29F0B8A0F.jpeg

Because Gettleman is an above average GM in this league and Marty Hurney i wouldnt let draft my fantasy team if I had a conflict during my draft. 

Its not that hard to understand guys. Marty Hurney is a really bad GM. He has ruined this franchise before. He did not receive one single interview after being fired. I truly don't understand what some don't see.

Archived