• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Source: Panthers reached out to Allen Hurns and are interested.

Saca312

Like I said in the other thread. I'd love to have a rotation of Hurns, Smith and Funch on the outside with Byrd and Wright rotating in the slot. We can not count on Samuel, but could probably carry him on any way as the 6th WR.

With that said, he is better than Smith and I wouldn't mind cutting him or trading him if that's what needs to be done to bring in Hurns.

If anything, this seems like Hurney and Co. realize that the corner and safety free agent market is scarce and that it would be easier to address the wide receiver position in free agency and then address corner, safety, guard/tackle, and tight end in the draft. Just in my opinion but it seems like we are playing the free agent markets as well as the strengths of the draft.

1. Funchess, 2. Hurns, 3. Wright, 4. Smith, 5. Byrd, 6. Samuel allows for the Panthers to wait a year to draft a wide receiver and address the more pressing needs up front.

Just now, KillerKat said:

Like I said in the other thread. I'd love to have a rotation of Hurns, Smith and Funch on the outside with Byrd and Wright rotating in the slot. We can not count on Samuel, but could probably carry him on any way as the 6th WR.

Or IR Samuel with the opportunity to return if he isn't ready to play come August. 

21 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

Wright has some good hands ...Byrd isn't ready to be the starter or at least hasn't shown it...

What how many drops dod Byrd have? The only one that had separation die to good route running. You were asleep last season

8 minutes ago, Marcogreenbush said:

No , why would we . The more weapons the better for cam 

Because we basically have less than 5 million left in cap space available for FA. We would have to free it up somewhere with the least amount of dead cap as possible. So, that at least brings his name to the table.

Archived