• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith bullied Cam Newton his rookie season?

NJPanthers12

Steve Smith sucks. I've said this forever, and has nothing to do with this story. Julius Peppers is the greatest Panther of all time, but Smth is definitley number 2 and a borderline hall of famer. I have a ton of respect for Steve Smith the player. 

Steve Smith the person is an intolerable human being. He was a god awful teammate, attacked multiple teammates, was a petulant child, and allegedly would cheat on his wife (YouTube Steve Smith boomer and carton). I want to make it clear I have zero proof he cheated on his wife, but there was an invterview on a radio station in New York where Steve Smith attempted to cheat on his wife and lost his wedding band in her car.

The way he has handled himself towards this organization since he has left has been nothing short of embarsssing. This fan base and team stuck with him through all his bullshit. He owes it to the fans to come back and retire a Panther and be celebrated. He has punched multiple teammates. It has been well documented of how bad of a teammate he was to rookie receivers. It is well documented how poorly he treated Jimmy Clausen and Dwayne Jarrett. He demanded a trade from this franchise, but can't fathom being cut. And now this bullshit with Cam. 

Its been time for Steve Smith to grow up, but sadly that will never happen. Hopefully one day Steve Smith will get over himself and realize the blind support he got from this fan base over the years when he certainly did not deserve it and come back to get his number retired. 

3 hours ago, NJPanthers12 said:

Has anyone seen or heard anything in this? Rick Bonnell posted something on twitter that he heard an interview with Ben Hartstock claiming Smith use to bully Cam in the locker room his rookie season.

i was then listening to WFNZ this morning and MAC teased the story, but I had to get into a meeting at work. I cannot find any information on this anywhere.

Is this breaking news?  89 use to flat out assault people.  A minimum of 3 and old beat writers use to always allude to potentially more.  89 bulled tons of folks.   He had two personalities.  That has always been very clear.  

It would be breaking news 89 hadn't bulled people. 

2 hours ago, GoobyPls said:

Yep 5’9 Smith bullied the 6’5 250 pound number 1 pick QB. Rumor has it Smith bullied Cam into making the under armor commercial together.

what does size have to do with it? 

Not bringing politics in it, but in the world of Trump people seem to have forgotten how to deal with bullies.  

You know who bullies often go hard at?  Dudes they know ain't gonna do something about it.   You know who isn't gonna go hard at the old vet a-hole leader? A rookie coming into the NFL with more on his shoulders than probably any rookie to date at that time.  

89 was a real bully.  Real bullies know who they can give it too and often has literally nothing to do with how person A vs person B matchup in a boxing match. 

smith was that annoying twat at the office that thinks they run the show

well actually he kinda did bc he’s a classic manipulator in the sense that he buddied up with the owner 

too bad nobody put him in his place during all those years when he was young enough that there was still hope for his ability to lead a locker room

Here's Bonnell's tweet. Can't find the podcast he's referring to. The one in the reddit thread is from 1/20/2016. It may be part of the Marty & McGee podcasts from 6/16/2018 because Google references Ben Hartsock in them. Don't know if hour 1 or 2. Don't have time to listen so if someone does, have at it. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23810585

3 minutes ago, GRWatcher said:

Here's Bonnell's tweet. Can't find the podcast he's referring to. The one in the reddit thread is from 1/20/2016. It may be part of the Marty & McGee podcasts from 6/16/2018 because Google references Ben Hartsock in them. Don't know if hour 1 or 2. Don't have time to listen so if someone does, have at it. http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=23810585

so all we need is a vivid and illustrative summary

6 minutes ago, motocross_cat said:

Cam vs steve 

Who you got?

Steve. If I remember correctly, and someone can correct me if I'm wrong, none of the teammates hit by Steve Smith knew it was coming when it happened.

6 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Elaborate.

What is there to elaborate about?  There are a lot of people around here that thought the team did a disservice to Cam by getting rid of Smith.

According to some (speculation) Smith did a disservice to Cam.  If you are a fan of Cam how are you also a fan of the person who made Cam's life harder?

Archived