• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Starting Safety Has Hit The Market - Bengals Releasing S George Iloka

bobsfoodbasics

I don't know why the hell we pursued Searcy when I would have gladly taken Tre Boston back after the fiasco that was last season. He may be a liability on the run but he was decent to good in coverage and recognition. The tackling could've been fixed. When we cut him I was all for it but the grass isn't greener on the other side it seems. It's patchy with a few bright spots every now and then.

3 minutes ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

I don't know why the hell we pursued Searcy when I would have gladly taken Tre Boston back after the fiasco that was last season. He may be a liability on the run but he was decent to good in coverage and recognition. The tackling could've been fixed. When we cut him I was all for it but the grass isn't greener on the other side it seems. It's patchy with a few bright spots every now and then.

The problem I always had with Boston was effort.  He was all out on 1 play then on the next it was like he was not even interested. I would rather have a guy that was less talented and gave consistent effort, than a guy like Boston, who you are not sure what you are going to get from him on play to play.  His tackling was actually ok, when he wanted to tackle.  And with as many young guys on this team in the secondary as you have now, that is not the message you want to send to them.

Archived