• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shout out to Shaq and Poe.

Snake

I am surprised you didn't mention KK first. Unless because he does this all the time and  Shaq is playing an expanded role for the first time and Poe is in his first year here.

KK blew up several plays by driving his man several yards into the backfield  and totally disrupting any lanes the runner had to exploit. Shaq was able to knife into the backfield because the Dline got penetration. And Love gets credit too. Love stoned a double team on that play so Shaq could bust through the.line to make that tackle in the backfield doing his best Luke impression.

Poe and KK are definitely making their presence known. I certainly want to see more of Shaq. He looks like his tackling has gotten more sound. I have to see him in coverage more before I am totally convinced. His tackling is more purposeful this year. Gotta consistently wrap up and play with focused aggression without over-pursuing. That's where TD makes his lunch money!

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Iv said the whole time.

Its just like TD, he struggled a little on the other side.  Then wh ed re he moved to where he's been the last 3 seasons and where Shaq is moving to, he thrived

I’ve been saying that as well. In his rookie season, when he actually played LB he showed he can make plays. 

3 hours ago, panthers55 said:

I am surprised you didn't mention KK first. Unless because he does this all the time and  Shaq is playing an expanded role for the first time and Poe is in his first year here.

KK blew up several plays by driving his man several yards into the backfield  and totally disrupting any lanes the runner had to exploit. Shaq was able to knife into the backfield because the Dline got penetration. And Love gets credit too. Love stoned a double team on that play so Shaq could bust through the.line to make that tackle in the backfield doing his best Luke impression.

I mean it was the entire defense. Luke was beast mode too but those to guys had a really good game. 

Well when you have Poe, probably our best acquisition of the offseason, being so disruptive, it frees up KK from doubles and therefore frees up others in the front 7. 

Shaq is playing great, but he gets to look even better when the front 4 do so much,...

I love Star, but Poe does the same thing as he did with more more ....ferocity? Gusto? I know there will be folk here bitching about "He ain't got no sacks", but that ain't what an interior guy is supposed to do. When he and KK shove 3 guys back, it creates holes for people like Shaq-daddy to come through.

You think it's good now? Peppers is still in street clothes. It's gonna get violent in a couple of weeks.

On 8/25/2018 at 10:41 AM, thefuzz said:

I really hope that RR starts to phase TD out...we need to see if Shaq is the guy, or just another guy.

Personally, I thin Shaq will do well here moving forward...if we can pay him.

I think the Poe addition is huge.  I’m still giddy that we have both Poe and Luke on the same team. I also think this is Shaqs breakout year and yes you have to pay him.  It’s the strength of our team. Even if it means letting Funchess walk. 

Archived