• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam completed 65% and we won

Varking

Cowboys have a really good front 7 and we had Kalil playing sick, Williams died again, Amini blocking our own snaps to kickers, and every line spot was backups other than Turner and the line did just enough to win their battles the majority of the day. Olsen was lost during the game. Samuel was a scratch just days before the game where I am sure we had to change gameplan last minute to accommodate for him missing. We had no TD. 

CMC was used in both run and passing situations as the lead back and is on pace for 800 rushing yards and 720 receiving yards and most of us would agree this isn't close to the best version of himself. Cam completed 65% of his passes and didn't turn the ball over. Shaq looked great filling in for TD. Our young rookie corner  kept his mistakes to a minimum and looked really good for a first game. Luke is an absolute monster out there tackling everything. Short might be a top 2 or 3 tackle at this point in his career. 

I said this in another thread but we seriously were taking on water in our boat throughout the week and definitely as the game went on and we were dropping players left and right. We got up enough that we were able to plug holes enough that we could get to shore with a W and Ron and the other coaches can actually fix things this week. I fully expect our offense to be much better next week with the speed of Samuel back on the field after his surgery and we can prep our rookie TE for first team reps from here on out. A lesser team wouldn't have been able to stay afloat and keep the W in check. We did enough to win. When you have big years you have games like this. There were seasons we had a losing record because we lost close games. Celebrate our win and the fact we are a game up on both the Saints and Falcons who didn't take care of business against beat up and lesser teams and we didn't show our hands. 

Breathe...

First game for the offense in wet conditions with a patchwork line which means we have to revert back to the basics. Overall we did okay. This kind of effort and point production won't cut it going forward but it is way too early to say much except we won primarily on the strength of time of possession for the offense and a great defensive effort.

Right on...I think people forget that in 2015 our defense carried us and and we won close, ugly games for the first 5 or 6 games before the offense blew up and really got in sync. Like you said good teams win these kind of games.  Without the fumble and a couple of drive killing penalties that negated big plays for us we would have hung another 6 to 14 points easy. I'm glad we have the early bye week this year for sure 

A win is a win in the NFL, no worries of point totals etc. like College.  Take what you can get week to week, no matter how ugly.  

The next week, the team could flip a switch and the offense will gel better.  Most nfl games yesterday were sloppy, no one starts out on fire usually (aside from Baltimore and Tampa Bay oddly).  It usually takes 2-3 weeks for a team to really start clicking, so those early wins are huge.  

30 minutes ago, Varking said:

Cowboys have a really good front 7 and we had Kalil playing sick, Williams died again, Amini blocking our own snaps to kickers, and every line spot was backups other than Turner and the line did just enough to win their battles the majority of the day. Olsen was lost during the game. Samuel was a scratch just days before the game where I am sure we had to change gameplan last minute to accommodate for him missing. We had no TD. 

CMC was used in both run and passing situations as the lead back and is on pace for 800 rushing yards and 720 receiving yards and most of us would agree this isn't close to the best version of himself. Cam completed 65% of his passes and didn't turn the ball over. Shaq looked great filling in for TD. Our young rookie corner  kept his mistakes to a minimum and looked really good for a first game. Luke is an absolute monster out there tackling everything. Short might be a top 2 or 3 tackle at this point in his career. 

I said this in another thread but we seriously were taking on water in our boat throughout the week and definitely as the game went on and we were dropping players left and right. We got up enough that we were able to plug holes enough that we could get to shore with a W and Ron and the other coaches can actually fix things this week. I fully expect our offense to be much better next week with the speed of Samuel back on the field after his surgery and we can prep our rookie TE for first team reps from here on out. A lesser team wouldn't have been able to stay afloat and keep the W in check. We did enough to win. When you have big years you have games like this. There were seasons we had a losing record because we lost close games. Celebrate our win and the fact we are a game up on both the Saints and Falcons who didn't take care of business against beat up and lesser teams and we didn't show our hands. 

Breathe...

Many of my thoughts exactly.  

We'll move Thomas over to Olsen's spot and Manhertz move to #2.  Could be the beginning of a new era. 

Missing Samuel IMO really slowed us down.   Many think he will be a sporadic player for us, I am not one to think that.   His presence will open up so much more of our attack.

We finished with a Guard (a terrible guard at that) at Right Tackle.  Our center was ill and for the most part we shot ourselves in the foot from putting this game away early.

We had 6 sacks.  From everywhere.

Atlanta will by no means be a pushover but our defense will rise to the occasion and we'll find a way to win next week too.

But he didn’t throw for 400 yards like I did in Madden on Sunday morning.  

Therefore Rivera sucks, the new OC sucks. Jerry must still own the team and have a contract clause with tepper about keeping shitty coaches and Amini Silatolu. 

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!

gotta go buy a Chinese Aaron Rodgers Jersey

signed

Internet Football Fan

Additional props:

Old Man Mike Adams had some great, key open-field tackles.

Vern Butler had 3 tackles in the interior and a tackle for loss and was pushing pass pressure straight up the gut at crunch time.

Dontari Poe didn't even show up on the stat sheet that I can see but I *know* he had an awesome game because he was effecting everything the Cowgirls did in their run game.  Poe's kind of effect can't be statistically measured IMO.

Mario Addison and Wes Horton both had excellent games making Dak's day a miserable one.

Archived