• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone should be thanking Smitty.

Snake

I would be willing to bet the Farm that Smith called Reid up and said dude you need to be on this team. I'm sure you have other offers but if you want to feel at home come to Carolina. For someone who feels judged and persecuted that means all the world. To have someone who believes what you believe and to give his approval it means something no matter what the struggle is. Also for all the bad JR was in the end he created that exact atmosphere of home and family. 

18 minutes ago, Snake said:

I would be willing to bet the Farm that Smith called Reid up and said dude you need to be on this team. I'm sure you have other offers but if you want to feel at home come to Carolina. For someone who feels judged and persecuted that means all the world. To have someone who believes what you believe and to give his approval it means something no matter what the struggle is. Also for all the bad JR was in the end he created that exact atmosphere of home and family. 

JR created what now? Are you serious? 

Nah, I won't say it's just smitty.  From the reports I saw, he had a multi year deal from San Fran or a 1 year deal with us that came after the Searcy Injury.  I think he thought about his career, a multi year contract in SF as a backup can/is a death nail with how young and crappy the rest of their defense is as a whole, so basically turns into his last contract.  With us, he gets a "prove it" test behind one of the best front 7s in the NFL, a Decent #1 corner and an up and coming #2.  It's a no brainer, he can juice his stats up like crazy and get a fat contract after this season from someone, something that is impossible riding the bench on a shitty defense in SF.

Archived