• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins Benched Josh Norman In The Second Half

Saca312

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Yeah. I don't get the desire to have him back. He hasn't performed well at all since his ONE good year with us. 

But watch him have a career day against us next week, sort of a 'let me prove myself again' game.

To be fair, the Redskins are a dumpster fire again and neither of the Gruden’s could coach a toilet to flush.

I have been thinking for awhile that josh will be back just based on what I’ve been told by people that would know.  Moving to safety would extend his career quite a bit if he has interest in being here, and no one can say our safety situation after this year looks great

9 hours ago, Jmac said:

Gruden says it was between him and Norman during halftime.....some sh%t must have went down in the locker room between those two. Norman wouldn't be the same here, we have zero pass rush and he needs that to excel.

Yup. And no other elite corners have ever needed complimentary play in the first and second level to thrive.

57 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

You know Kalil is getting cut at seasons end right? He had a contract killswitch built in that we can use after this year and owe him nothing.

Deadcap is still $9.8M. So splitting that up along with a $15M Norman cap hit (if Norman were to be acquired during a trade) would have around 10% or so of next seasons cap wrapped up in one player that was paid to leave and another that is overpaid.

This is pretty much what many people expected would happen when Norman left. His play would see a drop off on a lesser defense and he would not be worth the contract he signed. No one should be surprised by this. 

I'm all for bringing him back as a Safety when he leaves the Skins. Dude's ball hawking skills would be great back there and he tackles pretty well too. Don't necessarily want him back as a corner. He's getting up there in age and a move to FS might extend his career. 

It was the right call long term not to extend him. I've said that since day one. It hurt us in the short term but we're better off for it in the long term. 

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Deadcap is still $9.8M. So splitting that up along with a $15M Norman cap hit (if Norman were to be acquired during a trade) would have around 10% or so of next seasons cap wrapped up in one player that was paid to leave and another that is overpaid.

Once again, your numbers are way off.

10 hours ago, Saca312 said:

Well this is certainly weird. He wasn’t injured either apparently.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/10/08/why-was-josh-norman-benched/

Josh Norman was not on the field for Washington’s first defensive possession of the second half against the Saints. Indications from Skins media are that Norman was a healthy scratch

Maybe he's freelancin' again?

Archived