• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will the NFL give a super bowl to an aging Cam Newton?

Hotsauce

On 12/13/2018 at 12:04 PM, Hotsauce said:

Many years from now when Cam is past his prime and a couple years away from retirement, having broken tons of NFL records and a consistent track record of being a good human on the field and off the field, could you see the NFL helping Cam add a SB to his resume?  They did it for Peyton.

*before you give me the NFL doesn’t give Super Bowls away argument, they have tons of control over teams and game flow.  From officiating calls, to scheduling, there are both small and major ways the NFL can give teams small nudges towards winning games.

Thoughts?

My thoughts You are an absolute idiot. 

On 12/13/2018 at 12:11 PM, Mr. Scot said:

The NFL didn't force Ron Rivera to go in with a dumb game plan. Neither did they hold a gun to his head and tell him that he wasn't allowed to make adjustments.

they also didn't make Josh Norman drop multiple picks... he did drop a few right? I promised myself I would never watch SB 50 until we are playing in another one.

2 hours ago, KillaCamNewton said:

Shula sucked. But despite is incompetence if Tolbert wouldnt fumble in Denver territory and Ginn doesnt pop a pass up in the air to get picked off in the red zone we still probably win. Also blame bum Gano for missing a chip shot

this is giving me PTSD.

4 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Of course humans commit fraud and conspire to cheat.  But the problem is keeping it quiet. 

As was said earlier, the eyes that would be looking more closely at the NFL (or any professional sports league, unless you want to include WWE) are in Vegas.  How the professional sports games unfold is far more visible than the inner workings of the McDonald's Monopoly game and certainly more visible than the Libor.

Exactly how long did it take for MLB's "Black Sox scandal" to become known....in 1920?  And you think it would be more likely today?

Now if you are saying the conspiracy consisted of ensuring Mike Shula was promoted to OC knowing he would make no adjustments against a strong (or any) defense, and in fact would run the exact same offense he ran all year with no wrinkles or changes, that is easier to accept. 

While there are people who want to blame that loss on Cam Newton, that is about like blaming the 2007 mortgage collapse on the local bank mortgage representative.  It is much more likely that a good Denver defensive unit (including coaches) figured out the best way to make the Panthers offense ineffective.  That, too, is not unprecedented in Super Bowls. In fact, it has happened fairly often.

Great response.

I'd also have to point out that refs conspired against Cam Newton that year with no calls on the shots he was taking to the head. "You're not old enough to get that call" Remember that? The Cam abuse continued in the SB not to mention the many many ignored infraction the above poster mentioned. How could that all occur organically? It doesn't.

The moment you start to ignore the voice in your head or basic logic you'll be ripe for a good scamming.

I've seen too much to not believe the NFL has nothing to do with the outcome of games. Hopefully I haven't spoiled it for those who think it's totally on the up and up................................. it's not.

9 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Hopefully I’ll know more about this tomorrow morning at this time.  I was contacted by the aliens on the UFO that they are going to beam me up.  There plan is for me to meet with Elvis, JFK, and the passengers of Malysia flight 370.  Marilyn Monroe might be there, too. I’ll bring up the subject of the Super Bowl and see what they have to say.  I should be back by this dawn tomorrow.

The thing about conspiracies, and I am neither a believer or non-believer of them in general, is they have to be small to work.  The more people involved, the more likely somebody is to spill the beans or let something slip out.  And in the age where information (good or bad) can get out with the stroke of an enter key, that makes any plot of any size almost impossible to keep quiet.

It's simple, really.

We've never actually lost a game, at least not a fair one. Anytime the other team wins, it's because the NFL is rigged or someone cheated or someone made a bad call or someone was racist or someone was something.

Hell, the Panthers have probably never lost an honest game in the history of the team.

Or maybe it's all bullsh-t and we just lost those games because the other team was better that day.

9 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Of course humans commit fraud and conspire to cheat.  But the problem is keeping it quiet. 

As was said earlier, the eyes that would be looking more closely at the NFL (or any professional sports league, unless you want to include WWE) are in Vegas.  How the professional sports games unfold is far more visible than the inner workings of the McDonald's Monopoly game and certainly more visible than the Libor.

Exactly how long did it take for MLB's "Black Sox scandal" to become known....in 1920?  And you think it would be more likely today?

Now if you are saying the conspiracy consisted of ensuring Mike Shula was promoted to OC knowing he would make no adjustments against a strong (or any) defense, and in fact would run the exact same offense he ran all year with no wrinkles or changes, that is easier to accept. 

While there are people who want to blame that loss on Cam Newton, that is about like blaming the 2007 mortgage collapse on the local bank mortgage representative.  It is much more likely that a good Denver defensive unit (including coaches) figured out the best way to make the Panthers offense ineffective.  That, too, is not unprecedented in Super Bowls. In fact, it has happened fairly often.

Oh, and if Payton would have taken the blows Cam did the penalties would have been huge. That didn't happen. If I'm allowed to bully your guys and your guys can't bully back without a flag? That happened. 49ers playoff coronation at BofA. A 49er defensive player jumps into the backfield and casually lines back up.

That bully scenario happened in the SB.

1 hour ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Pretty sure the NFL has shown they hate Cam. I would probably go the opposite way and think the NFL will do everything in their power to prevent Cam from winning a super bowl.

Bullshit. The old white Illuminati would make zillions off a charismatic, young, black, beast of a QB winning super bowls. Cam is a hero to many, villain to many. If this poo was fixed Cam would be in the Super Bowl every year. Like people as boring as Brees move the needle.

Archived