• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pagano interviews w Panthers

ellis

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm honestly kind of surprised he's interviewing, but he didn't exactly get a lot of action on the interview circuit this year and as far as I know, he's not up for either of the remaining jobs

He didn’t do great in Indianapolis but he was also hamstrung with a meddling owner in Irsay and one of the worst GM’s in modern history in Ryan Grigson. Not a HC, but would gladly take him as a defensive assistant.

3 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

we can always make chuck the HC and have ron run the defense

And here's where we get tricky...

There's been some chatter before that Rivera is too paranoid to hire anybody who has the potential to replace him unless he's already friends with them and trusts that they won't try to supplant him.

Valid? Don't know, but I suppose you could make a case.

50 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

No question RR is a nice guy. What would you suggest was the reason he handed the reigns of the defensive play calling to Washington ( a great DL but inexperienced as a playcaller) after they'd been working together for eight years? Why couldn't he not see that going with someone more experienced would have been a better decision?

And DC's being promoted to HC's has nothing to do with ego or lack thereof. If that were the case, no one Belicheck's protegees would've been hired as HCs.

that's not ego at all man, that's called trust. He trusted in Washington, and unfortunately Washington didn't deliver. He trusted McDermott and he trusted Wilks - they delivered. Would you call that ego? I am thinking you just used the wrong word here....

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

that's not ego at all man, that's called trust. He trusted in Washington, and unfortunately Washington didn't deliver. He trusted McDermott and he trusted Wilks - they delivered. Would you call that ego? I am thinking you just used the wrong word here....

I'll agree with you on that.

Archived