• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Mills III tasked with game management duties

MurkN

16 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Tepper has been part of Steelers organization many years so it does indicate he knows more football than you think or know about. Tepper is putting his plan together and will take time.

All I heard is he knows about the business side and doesn't know everything on the football side. Don't really know what u have been reading, maybe all these so called people that think they know something on here. Almost feels like the same people that talk on here work for the organization. 

I'm happy for Sam. He's worked up the ranks over the years, learning as he goes. It'll be a good move.

1 hour ago, coralreefer_1 said:

I have to wonder...what does Sam MIlls 3 have to qualify him for anything? A man of an ancestor that was an icon and has a statue. Yall were so mad Bersin was kept on because well, he was only clutch when his number was rarely called, but otherwise here because someone with money and power wanted him here.  People want to focus on the idea that this man is needed to control RR...but really, what is he doing to benefit anyone other than his name???

Now this guy gifted with a team job years ago because someone in his family was a great player here. That is exactly the kind of  good ol boy system and logic many used to hate about JR, and used as jokes about Bersin. BUT....

1 hour ago, coralreefer_1 said:

exactly. He was cast into roles because of his name. Go back and tell me again what experience in football he had when he got his first job here~

I smell jealousy. 

51 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

In yet another episode of Ron's unsurprising moves...

Tep forces his hand, Ron grabs the closest yes man he can find.

Tune in next week, same Panthers time, same Panthers channel.

I think it's more to do with the Eric Washington fiasco.

Mills was technically promoted to DL Coach when Washington was made the DC. Then Washington was basically demoted back to doing what Mills was already doing.

So now they've got an awkward situation and they need to find something else for Mills to do.

And voila...

31 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

Tepper has been part of Steelers organization many years so it does indicate he knows more football than you think or know about. Tepper is putting his plan together and will take time.

So was Jim Haslam before he took over the Browns.

Unfortunately, it doesn't guarantee anything.

These “coaching” moves really aren’t impressing me much. What did Brown do to qualify him for a job? All of a sudden we’re told that Sam “sees the game differently”?

With the kind of moves Ron is making I’m thinking Tepper told him he’s got more than just this season guaranteed

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

All I read is Sam Mills now has head coaching duties 

Agreed, this is pathetic and to me Panthers are starting to function like the Browns.  

The HC is really just the DC

The DC is really just a DL coach

And now the game clock manager is the HC  

In the few words of Trump:  Sad!

32 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

All I heard is he knows about the business side and doesn't know everything on the football side. Don't really know what u have been reading, maybe all these so called people that think they know something on here. Almost feels like the same people that talk on here work for the organization. 

Steven for team PREZIDENT!!!!!!!!!

Those who have spent time around the team, please give some perspective on who mills3 is. Are we in serious trouble or does he seriously know his poo?

TBH, Ron has needed this since the beginning, but I want to know if this will legit help or just provide an excuse 

44 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

What happens if we have a great season and Mills gets HC offers? Do we replace him and extend Ron or promote?

Lol what? What team is gonna look at us next season and be like “daaaaamn...that team managed the hell out of that clock. Remind me which assistant was helping manage that? Sam Mills III? Get that man in here for an interview IMMEDIATELY!”.

Archived