• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen Debating Retiring

NJPanthers12

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Maybe so. Who knows? Maybe Gettleman acquiesced on Kalil knowing he needed a LT anyway but refused to budge on Olsen and TD. Seems plausible.

Voth repeated several times that offseason that Gettleman had been "told to spend money" by Richardson.

When I look at how out of character that offseason was, I always go back to that statement and wonder.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Voth repeated several times that offseason that Gettleman had been "told to spend money" by Richardson.

When I look at how out of character that offseason was, I always go back to that statement and wonder.

I just wish in hindsight we had thrown that contract at Whitworth. We went with Matt because he was Ryan's brother and much younger but whioe we're now anticipating a post-June 1st cut for Kalil and a ton of dead cap after he suited up for 16 (mediocre at best) games in two season, Whitworth just announced he'll be returning next season after playing playing in all but one game in the past two seasons.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"Voth"......LOL.  Complete and utter shill --- useless.

I hate to say it but I can’t help to say Olsen is done. He has been done. The Panthers never should have extended him and should have found a replacement. Another farewell tour this organization has got to learn from.

The casual fans love the name and certainly will tune in to watch him and it’s not that I’m not cheering for him but the team needs a replacement two years ago.

5 minutes ago, Lumps said:

I hate to say it but I can’t help to say Olsen is done. He has been done. The Panthers never should have extended him and should have found a replacement. Another farewell tour this organization has got to learn from.

The casual fans love the name and certainly will tune in to watch him and it’s not that I’m not cheering for him but the team needs a replacement two years ago.

We shouldn't have extended him, but I do think we found a replacement in Ian Thomas.

11 hours ago, Paintballr said:

He has 18.6 million reasons to continue playing this year and next. Unless fox or others guarantee him that much he will stay and play

Of course at this point in his career, money wouldn't necessarily be a problem for him.  If he keeps playing, it will be because he wants to play.

i haven't thought he's been very good in the booth.  i find him annoying in that role, forced.  something about his tone just doesn't sound relaxed or like something i want to listen to.   he's ronde level bad to me.  i can't see him moving up very far in that role.   

Honestly, I hope he can play again. While I think the team definitely needs to get younger, fast, I think he showed last season that he still has it. On the plays before re-breaking his foot, he was always in position, moving well and showing how important experience was.

And that surprise catch on the faked 4th down Hail Mary was one of the highlights of the year.

The big "if" is that foot healing properly. I'd hate to see him go limping off to the sideline knowing that a third break had just happened. 

I can’t believe so many want him to retire. Greg has been an amazing player for us and was an iron man before his foot gave out the last two years. If it is fully healed I would absolutely want him back, not only because it would be fugging amazing to have DJ Moore, Samuel, Wright, Olsen, and Thomas on a 5 wide play (how could anyone defend that???) but I believe he is absolutely needed as a leader on offense. Greg and Ryan Kalil were the leaders of the group other than Cam and with both gone, it may not work out so well with so many lead by example guys. No matter what anyone says, you need guys like Greg to get everyone’s sh*t together in rough times. 

Archived