• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen Debating Retiring

NJPanthers12

I love Greg Olsen, but I honestly hope he retires. Big men rarely recover from recurring foot injuries. That's just a ton of stress on some very small bones and connecting tissues. Freeing up that cap space could be key for us and Ian Thomas looks ready to go. Olsen is awesome on the mic and I think he'll make a great commentator/analyst. It may be time for him to start looking at life after football. He's certainly not the only current player looking to take this route and that door may not stay open permenantly.

It's been fun, Greg. You're a Panthers legend. Go become a legend on the mic now.

It sounds as if Fox is the only one really making a play for him. If he retires he loses his 3.4 million plus has to pay back some of his 11 million in signing bonus. I doubt they pay even 3.4 million for a season and honestly it will be there when he retires in 2 years. It isn't a once in a lifetime opportunity that goes away 

Archived