• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens cut Eric Weddle

ncfan

17 minutes ago, t96 said:

It's not really as clear cut as FS vs. SS. In many systems they are somewhat interchangeable, and all safeties have responsibilities in both pass coverage and run support, to varying degrees. Weddle's skill set in coverage is declining due to his age, and he should probably be more of a box safety going forward.

Agree with you in cover 2. But cover 1 your free safety is deep and often has to cover a lot of ground 

32 minutes ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

Rivera loves him. Hurney loves getting budget veteran Safeties. Weddle will be a hall of famer one day. Would be great locker room guy as well. We need some great veterans to replace what we lost this year.

Hurney loves getting verterans and overpaying them. G-man was the man at finding budget vets to fill the team out and did it well usually. 

25 minutes ago, Judo Thoreau said:

His comments during and after the season make it a possibility that he’ll go ahead and retire. Didn’t seem interested in finding a new place to play, but things change. Worth looking into. 

1 hour ago, NcPsa10 said:

The free agent market for safeties is flooded with talent

Landon Collins

Earl Thomas

Lamarcus Joyner

Tyrann Mathieu

Adrian Amos

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix

Eric Weddle

Clayton Geathers  

Glover Quin

Tre Boston

Kenny Vaccaro

George Iloka

Jimmie Ward

Adrian Phillips

Give me Earl Thomas in free agency, and Montez Sweat in the draft.

Here we go with another thread of not happening. Everyone says why u always crap on everything I say. But when FA comes and we sign no big names everyone is upset. All I can say is u heard it here first. And uncfan8888 or whatever ur damn name is can poo all u want but I don't really care what u think. 

8 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Here we go with another thread of not happening. Everyone says why u always crap on everything I say. But when FA comes and we sign no big names everyone is upset. All I can say is u heard it here first. And uncfan8888 or whatever ur damn name is can poo all u want but I don't really care what u think. 

Cry some more. That's all you ever do. Whine and bitch 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Jumped the gun on signing Reid, especially if we see a lot of these guys get less than him which is very possible. Should've let him test the market and kept tabs on him and others and used all possible information before making a decision. Instead Hurney Hurney'd.

How so? 

Reid is already in the system.  They know the player they have, he's still relatively young. They like what they got, so they extended him to keep him here. Which absolutely is the right move.  

Funny how so.many people wanted Reid last off season, now that we have him, they want someone else. Makes no sense. You can talk about the contract all you want to, but ya pay the players you want.  This is the first time in forever that we'll have some stability at the safety position. 

Archived