• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shots Fired - #gettlemagic

SetfreexX

Lol. Salty as hell. Yeah, it was handled very badly but it was a good and necessary decision to cut him. I would imagine most players wouldn't love a GM that placed trying to win over their feelings and past accomplishments. 

I have met Smith a few  times.  He is an asshole. Once, he was rude to my son when signing his 89 jersey. My son was wearing the jersey, so he had his back to Smith.   SS was asking my son for his name--my  son (8 at the time) thought Smith was going to write his own name on it, so he was confused.  I had told my  son that Smith would sign his name on the numbers, so I understood why he was confused. Smith started repeating himself slowly  and louder---as if my son was slow.   My son said, "I am Garrett--I was thinking you would write your name on it."  Smith wanted to make it out  to him personally so he could not re-sell  it, I assume.  Smith then said something to him I could not understand, but it was delivered with a short, angry tone.   He took the jersey and walked away with it--as if he was going to keep it.  Then  he signed it and threw the pen and the jersey to him at once, about 10 feet away--Garrett had to pick them up off the ground.  I quietly told Smith that if I had known he was going to be a dick about it, I would never have bought him the jersey. Smith said something I could not  understand  and shrugged  his shoulders and walked  off.

You could argue that he did not have to sign the jersey at all,  but he was my son's  favorite player until that day.  I was taking a picture of Smith signing it, so he  probably thought I  was an Ebay hack.   I do not have an Ebay account--we had a frame for the jersey to put up in Garrett's room.  

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I have met Smith a few  times.  He is an asshole. Once, he was rude to my son when signing his 89 jersey. My son was wearing the jersey, so he had his back to Smith.   SS was asking my son for his name--my  son (8 at the time) thought Smith was going to write his own name on it, so he was confused.  I had told my  son that Smith would sign his name on the numbers, so I understood why he was confused. Smith started repeating himself slowly  and louder---as if my son was slow.   My son said, "I am Garrett--I was thinking you would write your name on it."  Smith wanted to make it out  to him personally so he could not re-sell  it, I assume.  Smith then said something to him I could not understand, but it was delivered with a short, angry tone.   He took the jersey and walked away with it--as if he was going to keep it.  Then  he signed it and threw the pen and the jersey to him at once, about 10 feet away--Garrett had to pick them up off the ground.  I quietly told Smith that if I had known he was going to be a dick about it, I would never have bought him the jersey. Smith said something I could not  understand  and shrugged  his shoulders and walked  off.

You could argue that he did not have to sign the jersey at all,  but he was my son's  favorite player until that day.  I was taking a picture of Smith signing it, so he  probably thought I  was an Ebay hack.   I do not have an Ebay account--we had a frame for the jersey to put up in Garrett's room.  

TBF, you're one in a million with most of those millions trying to resell it. I wouldn't even bother with it. They've been told to avoid people without kids and most of those people now just use their kids to get the signature. Maybe he had a bad day, who knows. Can't go out just calling someone an asshole.

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

TBF, you're one in a million with most of those millions trying to resell it. I wouldn't even bother with it. They've been told to avoid people without kids and most of those people now just use their kids to get the signature. Maybe he had a bad day, who knows. Can't go out just calling someone an asshole.

It's definitely not like there's a lack of evidence that Smitty is an asshole. Look, I love Smitty too. Part of what made him the player that he was is that massive chip on his shoulder. But let's not pretend like he's a nice, easy going guy.

Well. It was Marty’s team that went to the Super Bowl, except for the fact that Marty didn’t pick those DT’s that helped us get there. I love Hurney to death, but without Dave picking Star and KK we don’t get there. If we don’t sure up the 1 or 0 (depending on the set we run) somehow through draft or FA we won’t get to the playoffs or make a run. Poe ain’t it

5 minutes ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Well. It was Marty’s team that went to the Super Bowl, except for the fact that Marty didn’t pick those DT’s that helped us get there. I love Hurney to death, but without Dave picking Star and KK we don’t get there. If we don’t sure up the 1 or 0 (depending on the set we run) somehow through draft or FA we won’t get to the playoffs or make a run. Poe ain’t it

Gettleman looked brilliant early on. Nailed that Star/KK double dip and all of his bargain basement free agents worked out perfectly. Then it all unraveled. He reached on luxury picks (Shaq and Butler) while ignoring other massive needs, then capped it all off with a disastrous free agent class. That's not to even get into the Norman debacle.

31 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I quietly told Smith that if I had known he was going to be a dick about it, I would never have bought him the jersey.

lol you bet your butt you said it quietly... You knew better.

I was gonna say inb4 this turns into another Smitty bashing thread, but apparently I'm too late.

Archived