• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Josh McCown Retires

KillaCamNewton

Not the most Panther related - but he played for us for like 2 seasons and it’s the offseason so fug it. With all the talk you see today about selfish players and guys being divas I think this guy deserves some praise.

have the most random memory of a game I went to at Arizona in 2009 (whole season was blur because it was such a letdown) all I can remember is some guy in a baseball cap and a tshirt being incredibly animated and incredibly encouraging after almost every play - whether we were on offense or defense. Someone would make a mistake and he was the first one to go over to them and talk with him. As the game went on I realized it was Josh McCown. Wasnt even dressed for the game, but you could tell how much he loved just being on the sideline and supporting his team. For whatever reason that memory has just always stuck with me even after 10 years. He wasnt just there to hold a clipboard and sit on the sidelines eating sunflower seeds, he genuinely was there to help his team any way he could.  

The guy bounced around to a new team to every year and never complained, just went out and made the best out of his situation. Even when he would come in for a few games and outplay the starter (Cutler and Jameis were a couple of them) he never created controversy and just went out and tried to help his team win games. Always thought that was cool. Congrats on a 17 year career McCown, they dont make guys that love the game like you do very often anymore

He recently did a Panthers rookie mentorship lunch with Will Grier along with some other former Panthers vets. I know the article about his retirement said he’s going into broadcasting, but it wouldn’t surprise me if maybe he had a role with the Panthers down the line. I think he still lives in the Charlotte area 

Josh McCown carved out a very successful career for himself, and was a great teammate, mentor, and all-around person everywhere he was according to those who played with him, coached him, or covered him in the media.

And made quite a few millions in the process while getting to retire before 40 and from all indications in great health.  He pretty much has won at life up until this point.

Hope he enjoys his retirement and continues to contribute to the Charlotte area.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

He recently did a Panthers rookie mentorship lunch with Will Grier along with some other former Panthers vets. I know the article about his retirement said he’s going into broadcasting, but it wouldn’t surprise me if maybe he had a role with the Panthers down the line. I think he still lives in the Charlotte area 

He does, his son Owen backs up Drake Maye (son of Mark, brother of Luke) at Myers Park.

Moose’s, Shawn King’s, Dre Bly’s, Deems May’s, and Tim Newman’s sons are also on the team.

Lots of NFL connections.

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

He does, his son Owen backs up Drake Maye (son of Mark, brother of Luke) at Myers Park.

Moose’s, Shawn King’s, Dre Bly’s, Deems May’s, and Tim Newman’s sons are also on the team.

Lots of NFL connections.

If you didn't know they lost the main power supply for the most important position that sound like a scary team. 

We always hear about the screw-ups, the abusers and the idiots. They make national headlines and people talk about them non-stop. 

Rarely does a story like Josh’s make more than a blip on the radar screen. He kept his head down, didn’t cause problems and was always available to help a guy with football or anything else. Truly a first class guy. Wish him nothing but the best going forward.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:57 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

Lots of NFL connections.

Sounds like you're missing Game of Thrones. 

Archived