• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Huddle's favorite journalist says Cam will only resemble his MVP form "if he pops in the 2015 season DVD"

TNPanther

All I'm sayin . . . let's just project where Cam would have been minus his arm falling off halfway through last season.  Take the first 8 games of the year, and double it.  You get:

image.png.c0e3e3e83a99fd6a9519ab827ad51814.png

Looks pretty damn similar to me.

1 minute ago, BrianS said:

All I'm sayin . . . let's just project where Cam would have been minus his arm falling off halfway through last season.  Take the first 8 games of the year, and double it.  You get:

image.png.c0e3e3e83a99fd6a9519ab827ad51814.png

Looks pretty damn similar to me.

LOL seriously!!  Those are top flight, MVP type numbers.  Once again Schien doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Meh, it's a hot take no one besides panthers fans will remember if he's completely wrong.

Only bit of truth in it [ assuming Cam is healthy] is that Cam can't do it the same way. He rushed almost 160 times that season, counting postseason.  He has more rushing attempts than any other pure QB ever [there's a guy who was a combo QB/RB with more attempts].

I like the doubled up stats from @BrianS and agree they show a more complete pic of what Cam can do, but, 146 rushing attempts is too many. I think 3-6 designed rush attempts a game from Cam is plenty. 3rd and short and red zone is the only places I'd use the read option.

Replace about 75-100 of those rush attempts with pass attempts, you get about 4500 yards and 35 TDs, [used 100 extra attempts because it made the math easy]. Add another 450 yards and 5 TDs rushing, that's a really good year.

That's also sustainable for the long haul. That would be terrifying to opposing DCs, we'll find out this year if he can do that.

Archived