• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera - Coach of the Year?

CardiacCat

Nobody ever questioned his ability to motivate players. It’s almost every other aspect of coaching he’s not very good at. If the team is just really good again, there’s a chance he could trick the AP (or whoever it is that chooses that award) a third time 

8 hours ago, Moorgan said:

The Amazon show opened a lot of eyes. He still has issues and he still is responsible overall for the team but he impressed me a lot in that show.

THIS. I really don't want him gone now. Hurney, clearly needs to go.

This is exactly why most of the great posters on this forum have left.  The topic wasn't written by someone on this forum but Bleacher Report.  

80% if not more trash Rivera day in and day out.  Sure he is stubborn to vets and has his own downfalls but I can 100% guarantee he would be hired less than 24 hours after we release him. Than we'll bring in someone with their own defaults and that same 80% will be crying to have him back.

Rivera is one of the best defensive minds in the NFL.  A good coach who had us on the way to back to back winning seasons until Cam got hurt yet most blame Rivera for the lost season.

Well over 1/2 league has true aspirations of winning the superbowl.  With a little luck and minor injuries you might just get.a shot.

I have called for his head because of Shula but I think he's a good head coach and can and will win COY again. 

Too bad our fans base is fickle and can't get on board with the idea.

14 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

This is exactly why most of the great posters on this forum have left.  The topic wasn't written by someone on this forum but Bleacher Report.  

80% if not more trash Rivera day in and day out.  Sure he is stubborn to vets and has his own downfalls but I can 100% guarantee he would be hired less than 24 hours after we release him. Than we'll bring in someone with their own defaults and that same 80% will be crying to have him back.

Rivera is one of the best defensive minds in the NFL.  A good coach who had us on the way to back to back winning seasons until Cam got hurt yet most blame Rivera for the lost season.

Well over 1/2 league has true aspirations of winning the superbowl.  With a little luck and minor injuries you might just get.a shot.

I have called for his head because of Shula but I think he's a good head coach and can and will win COY again. 

Thank you. 100% on point

12 hours ago, ellis said:

If you want to be coach of the year again, a good starting point is not losing seven games in a row. 

And if don't want to lose seven games in a row again, a good starting point is keeping your QB healthy.

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Never claimed that it was written by me.  I did not trash Rivera (I actually like him a lot) nor did I say he was the best thing since sliced bread.  Just thought it was worth posting as it showed up on one of my feeds.  No need to get so upset.  More than anything, I hope that he will be successful this year and that, with this very promising roster, he will take "us" into the post-season (and beyond).  

Archived