• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

OnePantherPlace: BUF/CAR Day 1 Recap

ellis

33 minutes ago, pantherj said:

It was so strange when we drafted Grier with the way Allen looked last season. I guess Grier is going to be our long term project with a supposedly higher ceiling. Let's hope anyway.

They went with best player available, I was saying it all along that we know Allen is good.  It was extra insurance because we want to make a playoff run this year so we need to be extra deep.

Good piece.  I hadn't heard that about Robinson, and I'm baffled as well.  When you have four guys like Samuel, Moore, Wright and Hogan . . . why do we even need him.  I get it.  We needed to see some of the guys pan out, but seriously, those four look like locks at this point.  That leaves one or two spots and we know how much Rivera loves him some Torrey Smith.  After the performance of Godwin in the return game . . . I just don't know if anyone else even has a chance.  Heck, I'd even back Levrone over Robinson at this point since Levrone has a bit more size than most of our rostered receivers.

4 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

They went with best player available, I was saying it all along that we know Allen is good.  It was extra insurance because we want to make a playoff run this year so we need to be extra deep.

Agreed.  No offense to Cam, but if we'd benched him when the shoulder started to fail, we probably would have made the playoffs.  Granted we would have lost early, but Cam's injury led to him being a liability.  We didn't bench him because we had no faith in the backups.  Getting a solid QB in the draft was necessary given Cam's injury history.  You just can't roll the dice on a guy like Kyle Allen, even if he's had flashes.

Great write up -- my unimportant two cents?  Proofread your bro's work... there are a handful of sentences missing prepositions and the word "nickle/nickel" is spelled inconsistently.  It matters not here, but as y'all are fighting for national exposure, don't let these minor things be used against y'all -- your work really is good and it reflects how much effort you put into it.

I’ll go back and take a look. I appreciate you bringing that up, I honestly was half awake when I pieced together the graphics for it, that’s all me for missing a few grammar gags. 

Honestly, if it’s missing an occasional preposition, I’m not too worried about that. The way he had it written up to begin with was just bullet points. Stylistically, I agree with you. I wanted things to look clean. No feedback is bad brother.

But yes, nickel.

5 hours ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Let be real here.  We are not making a playoff run if Allen or Grier are playing any sort of extended snaps this season.

5 hours ago, pantherj said:

It was so strange when we drafted Grier with the way Allen looked last season. I guess Grier is going to be our long term project with a supposedly higher ceiling. Let's hope anyway.

Allen played 4 quarters of football total over two games. Yeah he looked Okay, but you can't tell me with a straight face that rolling with that unknown of a commodity would have been the best move for our backup situation moving forward. 

It made sense to draft a guy with upside for the first time in a decade and let the competition begin.

From reports from Camp, it seems like Allen has been improving over his rookie year, where he was undrafted and wasn't brought on to the team until midway through the season - Good on him. I'm just glad we didn't sit on our hands and actually provided some depth at QB. 

Archived