• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Daryl Williams

Pantherxtreme

He wasn't good during the "all pro" season.  Now he's older, coming off an injury, and playing out of position.

Marty Hurney is the very worst at his job, and Ron is right there behind him.

Anyone with half a brain and 1 eye knows that Williams wasn't going to succeed out there....and what did we do?

Dumb Franchise.

11 hours ago, stbugs said:

Dude has been a RT his entire career and Moton played better against the Patriots starters and Dallas DL at LT last year. Also, WTF can't we see what the announcers see and give him some help? Isn't Manhertz supposed to be an unbelievable blocker? You know when the announcers repeat multiple times that he needs help that he in fact needs help.

Thank goodness we selected Greg Little at 37. Normally, players picked at 37 aren't meant to contribute at all so Daryl's our guy all year. Woo hoo. We sure did improve the left side of our OL.

Not only pro, but only one game in college. And he’s coming off major knee surgery. But pointing out that this could be an issue was just negativity and couldn’t have been based on legit reasons that are playing out horribly. 

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

He wasn't good during the "all pro" season.  Now he's older, coming off an injury, and playing out of position.

Marty Hurney is the very worst at his job, and Ron is right there behind him.

Anyone with half a brain and 1 eye knows that Williams wasn't going to succeed out there....and what did we do?

Dumb Franchise.

The majority of Huddlers wet their pants when Hurney signed DW, proclaimed that it was highway robbery. Said the same thing about Paradis, called Elway stupid for letting him go. Dude spends more time on skates than a Olympian.

I dont know or have confidence that we have a good option for LT on the roster right now. It's not Williams, that's been proven. Maybe Moton, I want to believe it but need to see it this year but the staff has done everything possible to avoid doing this move. And until Little improves, he was not better than William's at any point this year. I fully support trying him out but he hasn't looked any where near ready to start.

I'm glad we didn't give D. Williams a big contract coming off of his 2017 season. I seem to recall us having an offer on the table prior to the start of 2018, but it was rejected because he wanted a larger contract. There is no way this guy deserves elite money like Norwell received (who was vastly overpaid in Jacksonville). 

If he moves on after the season he'll have to play RT, because he's a serious liability on the left side. I was hoping Greg Little could have started at LT after moving Williams inside to LG.

I can't see that Little getting much playing time this season unless Williams gets hurt which is a shame. We need to get Little on the field to see what we have.

11 hours ago, mcsmoak said:

How do you not make any adjustments the entire game to get Williams some help?  Yes, Williams sucked tonight, but as a defensive coach you can not allow a single player to wreak havoc on you again and again all game.   Give Williams some help over there at the very least 

Superbowl Remmers all over again

Archived