• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Imagine If Kyle Allen is Lights Out on Sunday. But Cam is Ready for Week 4.

App Panther

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I

The suggestion here is something that has entered my mind. I saw Cam stare at Williams a time or two; but I sense the tension is between Cam and Coach. If there is a rift between Ron and Cam--If Cam realizes that he has been abused by daddy--there should be conflict.  If there is conflict, it could be a bad thing for RR.  Just speculation, but it is really starting to smell like there is more here than meets the eye (or nose).

Yep. Cam has to be mad about what’s going on. After all his injuries, after knowing he was going to have to stay in the pocket this season and work through his new throwing motion, Ron and Hurn still didn’t get him protection this offseason. They just traded one Matt K for another. Now it may cost him his career. 

I’d be pissed too.

I’ve watched enough Panther football over the years to know more often than not what you are worried about usually isn’t what gets you a lot.  

I think Allen plays good for what he is.  I will make a prediction we score the most TDs of the season this week.   I think he will make some mistakes though. 

I think the AZ O gives our D issues.  We are have always been kinda tailor made to defend basically a Tampa style O.  An O that hands it off and wants to play action and go deep. 

This is a possibility. It’s not out of the realm of thinking that Allen will play well the next week or two. And Cam is certainly not done for the season.

It would take some pretty strong leadership at the head-coaching position to manage this. If Allen were to play like on a Brady level, and the vibes were good and the wins kept rolling in, you’d be foolish to switch back.

And that’s where we would have to see what kind of individual Cam Newton really is.

And all that said, there’s no way in hell Ron wouldn’t go back to Cam. I just don’t see him doing anything other than that if it came to it. 

A LOT of IF’S in this post, i know. 

4 hours ago, ellis said:

And all that said, there’s no way in hell Ron wouldn’t go back to Cam. I just don’t see him doing anything other than that if it came to it. 

A LOT of IF’S in this post, i know. 

Agree that Ron will hitch his wagon to Cam. If that happens I think they need to be darned sure Cam is right, and not just wanting his alpha spot back. Which I think was very likely a factor in past decisions.

If he is really good to go, I bet we get the good old killer Cam and then we'll have a really nice asset in Allen. So, sign me up for that.

Archived