• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gaulden - what happened

GoPanthers123

Carolina Panther drafts in the Hurney/Rivera Era (bold with large font = A+ pick, bold font = good-to-excellent pick):

1 (1). QB Cam Newton (true franchise QB)

2 (33). (Traded to New England in 2010 for a 3rd round pick (89th overall) which was used to select Armanti Edwards)

3 (65). DT Terrell McClain (utter failure in Carolina but astoundingly still in the league, now with Oakland)

3 (97). DT Sione Fua (another utter failure, 4 year NFL career, 40 games played, 35 total tackles)

4 (98). CB Brandon Hogan (utter failure, 3 games, 3 tackles, out of the league in less than a year)

5 (132). WR Kealoha Pilares (20 games, 2 receptions, 32 kick returns)

6 (166). LB Lawrence Wilson (no regular season games, multiple substance abuse violations and arrests)

6 (203). C Zack Williams (1 regular season game, out of the league after a year)

7 (244). OT Lee Ziemba (6 regular season games, waived/injured in 2012)

1 (9). LB Luke Kuechly (HoF-level MLB)

2 (40).  OG Amini Silatolu (I... I... I just can't even on this one)

3 (73). (Traded to Chicago in 2011 for TE Greg Olsen) (A+level trade)

4 (103). DE Frank Alexander (decent player, multiple substance abuse suspensions, torn Achilles, gone after 3 years)

4 (104). WR Joe Adams (one and done, negative impact considering his tendency to fumble the ball as a returner)

5 (143). CB Josh Norman (high value pick for a 5th rounder, 8 year NFL career but, factually, only 3 impactful years of those 8)

6 (180). (Traded to SF in order to move up and select DE Frank Alexander in the 4th round)

6 (207). P Brad Nortman (45+ yards per punt career average)

7 (216). S D.J. Campbell (2 years, 9 regular season games, 15 tackles)

1 (24). WR D.J. Moore (possible future star, has a chance to be a 1000 yard receiver in his 2nd season, work in progress)

2 (55). CB Donte Jackson (neutral pick at this point because, though he's made some amazing plays, those have been balanced by a ton of bad ones)

3 (85). DB Rashaan Gaulden (pick acquired in trade with Buffalo for Kelvin Benjamin)  (total mystery, this pick... TOTAL mystery)

3 (88). (Traded to GB for their 4th (101st) and 5th (147th) selections)

4 (101). TE Ian Thomas (who knows? Ron "I love my moxie vets" Rivera loves him some Chris Manhertz who has 212 snaps to Thomas's 64)

4 (136). DE Marquis Haynes (2 seasons, 14 games, 13 tackles, 1 sack... another mystery pick)

5 (147). (Traded to LA in order to move up and select Marquis Haynes)

5 (161). LB Jermaine Carter (special teams ace which brings this pick some value)

6 (197). (Traded to LA in order to move up and select Marquis Haynes)

7 (234). LB Andre Smith (another decent low-rounder that contributes on special teams)

7 (242). DT Kendrick Norton (PS player for Carolina 2018 and signed by Miami for PS 2019, out of the league now due to arm amputation)

1 (16). DE Brian Burns (this pick can't be graded fairly since his head coach 1. won't play him and 2. often plays him out of position... extremely talented player though who can be an impact pass rusher at the right position and with the right coaching)

2 (37). OT Greg Little (an underperforming college OT moves up to the League and becomes an underperforming professional OT... shocking)

3 (77). (Traded to Seattle along with 2nd (47th) pick to move up to 2nd (37th) and select Greg Little)

4 (115). DE Christian Miller (again a hard-to-grade pick due to his lack of playing time, but has "flashed" in minimal opportunity, 5 games, 2 sacks)

5 (154). RB Jordan Scarlett (another classic Hurney/Rivera mystery pick which still puzzles)

6 (187). (Traded to Denver for their 6th (212th) and 7th (237th) selections)

6 (212). OT Dennis Daley (sadly, I'm grading this the best of the 2019 draft thus far, not because he's a great OT but because he's better than any other present option on the roster)

7 (228). (Traded to Buffalo along with WR Kaelin Clay for cornerback Kevin Seymour)

7 (237). WR Terry Godwin (a flyer who performed well in pre-season but cut by Hurney/Rivera anyway... now on the Jaguars PS)

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

Nothing happened, he isn't good

It's okay, i used to do this same thing where i had unreasonable high hopes for a player just because my team drafted him (Deshaun Foster lololololol)

We all grow out of it

Something's happened. The guy invents new ways to suck seemingly every Sunday. It's amazing considering how little he sees the field.

Archived