• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fan base reactions to Rhule

crowntownpanther

Tepper wanted Rhule which gave Rhule tremendous leverage. Rhule had other choices so Tepper was going to pay a premium. If this works out well then Tepper is a genius. If it doesn't then people will say he is a foolish meddling owner. Given his track record I wouldn't bet against Tepper but also know that some of his ideas and investments haven't worked out on the other hand. At least he recognizes when he screws up and doesn't double down due to stubbornness or being cheap. Should be an interesting next few years. 

On 1/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, ncfan said:

Half of this fan base never even heard his name before we interviewed him.  The same people have never read anything on him.  Half of this fan base have never watched a single half of Baylor football.

Half of this fan base wouldve been mad with McDaniels 

Half of this Fan Base would've been mad with the Chiefs OC

Half of the fan base would've been mad with the Vikings OC while half of the Vikings fan base wanted us to take him from them

75% of this fan base had Kyle Allen as the QB of the future week 6 

I admit that a fair bit of this describes me (I was hoping for Bienemy), but the one thing I’ll say in my own defense is I at least don’t pretend to know all that much, and now that we’ve hired Rhule, I’m trying to learn more about him and form a reasonably balanced opinion.

On 1/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, Arroz con Panther said:

Lol and that right there is why I don’t listen to anyone who overreacts in the huddle!

Who in the hell wanted to give Kyle Allen a $200 million dollar contract hahaha especially after four games?

Just an exaggeration to make a point.

On 1/7/2020 at 5:02 PM, crowntownpanther said:

I’m worried about what I’ve seen from our fan base reactions for the most part so far.  It’s clear this is meant to be a long term move based on the contract (even though Tepper could still send him packing early), but it doesn’t seem like the fan base is ready to give him a shot to rebuild.  They want win now.  I’m very optimistic, but I always am.  I’m excited to see us move In a different direction, and while I can always hope for immediate results I know it will most likely take some time.  

My general take is this is 100% a rebuild.  So we will be bad initially.  A lot of guys will no longer play here as part of that. 

Can’t tell Rhule he gets a blank canvas and the intent is for him to build something that last 30 something years.....and also mean you expect him to win now and use our guys. 

On 1/7/2020 at 5:11 PM, ncfan said:

Half of this fan base never even heard his name before we interviewed him.  The same people have never read anything on him.  Half of this fan base have never watched a single half of Baylor football.

Half of this fan base wouldve been mad with McDaniels 

Half of this Fan Base would've been mad with the Chiefs OC

Half of the fan base would've been mad with the Vikings OC while half of the Vikings fan base wanted us to take him from them

75% of this fan base had Kyle Allen as the QB of the future week 6 

And half of this fan base will demand Rhule be fired after we lose our first game.

Dont know about the 75% but I do know @snake loved him some Kyle Allen

Pretty amusing how posters in this thread have separated themselves from the "fan base" and actually believe that their reactions are far more important and credible than anyone else.

"I'm a Panther fan and I'm on the Huddle everyday, but don't ever compare me or include me in 'the fan base'."

Archived