• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

(NFL News) Dak Prescott Turns Down $33 Million Annually

Mr Mojo Risin

No way Prescott is worth that much let alone more. Past his 2016 rookie year (which gave us Romo as the best NFL commentator ever, thanks Dak!) he has struggled. No playoffs. His record is 29-25 since then. The other QBs in his draft class have fared far better than him, Goff and Wentz.

The tougher, more time-consuming decision is finding a figure that fits Prescott as the architect of this team’s wins and losses in the next decade. If that number is higher in any significant way than what Goff ($33.5 million average) or Wentz ($32 million) have received, Jerry’s fairy-tale imagination is running away from him again.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/12/27/what-have-the-cowboys-really-learned-about-dak-prescott-in-2019/

7 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

If you’re a QB and take a contract that large you better not complain when you and you’re team can’t win. 1 player taking up more than a quarter of the salary cap is just insane.

The CBA is going to have to raise the Cap quite a bit to allow this kind of deal to go through regularly. Owners may not want to pay that but who knows. Good time to have the richest owner in the NFL for sure. 

31 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If mahomes is expected to get a 300mil dollar contract for 6 years. I’d be doing what daK is and getting damn near close.

If that’s remotely true then I’m more than ready to trade Cam. I can’t see how you can keep a team paying a franchise QB 25% of your cap. Almost forces you to win on a rookie deal plus 5th year option/6th year franchise deal and rollover the savings from year 1-4 to try and win in the first 6 years.

Dak is a good QB surrounded by great offensive talent. I think he's a top 10-15 QB. I don't think you can afford to cap strap your franchise to pay the guy that kind of money. He can't carry an offense after you have to let some of that great talent walk because you can't afford to pay them too.

Archived