• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

2 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

Nursing homes in Charlotte reporting multiple cases.  It will get worse.

Asymptomatic folks who work there probably bringing it in and not realizing it.  Hate it for the folks who just are there waiting to be infected.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, stirs said:

True.

NYC metro area is very densely populated and to be honest, I don't know what anyone could do with that place.  There is not an arms length of space as everyone is on top of each other.

CA and TX have done a decent job trying to keep folks away from each other for the populations they have.  Houston is a very large city.  Saying is, that when you are in Houston, your are still 2 hours from Houston.  At least they are spread out, hoping it makes a difference.

Mardi Gras just did New Orleans no favors

I’ll say one thing, if this thing leads to remote work becoming much more common, people are going to leave these big cities in droves. Rural areas are going to see a big population increase.

The high cost of living, taxes, and now increased risk of death, will not make these areas worth it.

Edited by Tbe

3 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I’ll say one thing, if this thing leads to remote work becoming much more common, people are going to leave these big cities in droves. Rural areas are going to see a big population increase.

The high cost of living, taxes, and now increased risk of death, will not make these areas worth it.

Probably a few families might relocate, but Americans have a knack of forgetting things pretty quickly.  For better or worse....

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

No doubt we could have handled it a lot better.  I certainly didn't mean to excuse the things our government did or did not do.  But South Korea certainly had a much easier situation to deal with. 

Geographically yes, it is much easier for South Korea to isolate itself. 

Based on the extreme density of South Korea's population, no.  South Carolina has one tenth South Korea's population.

South Korea's population density is much greater than what we have outside of our top two or three cities. 

50 million people on a relatively small peninsula means that if the Koreans hadn't reacted quickly to the virus it would have been uncontrollable within a matter of days. 

If New York City had been as decisive and well prepared as South Korea there is every reason to believe they'd have fared much better. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

People don’t move to NYC because they can’t wait to work in an office building.  If they can work remotely within NYC they will stay, especially without a boss breathing down their neck all day.

8 hours ago, Tbe said:

To me this is the shining light at the end of the tunnel as boomers leave their executive positions and millennials start taking over.  The 5 days a week 8 hour work day model is inefficient and outdated...in addition to having to show up to work for all of those hours.  I'm hoping at least SOME remote work will become the new normal.  I could definitely see my company allowing remote work on Friday's once the VP becomes President (he's a younger guy).

To all my Republican friends, please, please find a political candidate that has passed the third grade. It is painful to watch the Trump administration throw sh!t at the American people to see what sticks. I hate talking politics but reading our fan base backing this idiot is disturbing. I don’t care what side of the isle you live on, if you can’t see that this President is an idiot and a buffoon, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I can sell you. Trump will forever be the worst president in American history. I completely blame this administration for what is happening with us today. He could have prevented the entire fiasco. American people have died and will continue to die, to protect Trumps pride and inability to lead. Moving forward, we must be smart and choose a leader that can lead this country, not destroy it. Flame away.

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, philit99 said:

To all my Republican friends, please, please find a political candidate that has passed the third grade. It is painful to watch the Trump administration throw sh!t at the American people to see what sticks. I hate talking politics but reading our fan base backing this idiot is disturbing. I don’t care what side of the isle you live on, if you can’t see that this President is an idiot and a buffoon, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska I can sell you. Trump will forever be the worst president in American history. I completely blame this administration for what is happening with us today. He could have prevented the entire fiasco. American people have died and will continue to die, to protect Trumps pride and inability to lead. Moving forward, we must be smart and choose a leader that can lead this country, not destroy it. Flame away.

Sad thing is Democrats cant find someone to beat him. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

7 minutes ago, philit99 said:

spoken like someone who has not at all studied the country in which he was born in

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, philit99 said:

Crazy talk invites you to the TB.  They will love and embrace you there.  Harbingers will open the door for you, find you a chair and feed you nonstop truth from Twitter.

Do you have anything to say beyond hysterical talk?  "could have prevented Covid 19"  That's a good one.  Trump says he's the best, you say he's the worst.  Again, the truth is well between these two crazy talking points.  Twitter will be your roadmap.......to nowhere