• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

To be fair not many people do the surveys unless they are upset about something.  Could be a vocal minority type situation

I mean case numbers and hospitalizations show this isn’t really a vocal minority. All the anecdotal stuff I’ve heard from friends lines up with what’s going on there. People are not taking this seriously.  And don’t wear masks. In contrast the state I live in is the opposite through anecdotal stuff I’ve seen and my friends/family have seen. Which backs up why were not seeing this increase even though we opened up before NC. 

NYC went into Phase 2 yesterday. I'm going to be interested to see how our numbers do in a few weeks. We currently have falling numbers and are one of the best places in the nation for cases. But if it happened everywhere else that opened for the most part, I'd imagine we'll get a spike.

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

hospitalizations are going up in SC

hopefully the pattern doesn't hold.  But generally cases/spread goes up (saw that).  Now hospitalizations are going up.  Then the death count generally follows. 

Whats the lag time in general?

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

A good friend of mine is a hotel manager in NC and said I would not believe the survey complaints they got with their new rule changes to help stop the spread...people saying to stop the political bs, how it’s very unfriendly, etc. North Carolina is fuged.

I am curious what kind of rules?

also heard from a friend of a friend who went out to eat at a restaurant in Calabash, NC a few days ago .  Place was packed.  No social distanc ing and no one using masks.  No wonder the numbers are shootingup.

The wask wearing, where I live/work/play (Nags Head), is surprisingly really high. Granted Dare County just went into mandatory mask wearing this past Sunday. We, also, have a really high number of out of towners this time of year. As much as I bitch about the northerners, this time of year, I salute those now.

My (healthy 42 year old) experience with, what is believed to have been cavid-19, was HORRIBLE!!! 2ND sickest I have ever been. Total loss of smell and taste, sky high fever, red rash over the top of my left foot toward my 3 small toes, so congested in my head and an absolutely horrible lung condition for 5 weeks total starting Feb. 7th. Woke up to sneezing eight times at 3:00 am Feb. 7th, worked that next week, stayed home the next week, went back to work the week after (felt pretty good, until Friday), that Saturday night at 9:00 pm my fever spiked (1st time I had a fever), the whole office had to close the next week, as everyone was sick, then the next week I worked feeling like crap. Also, add being sick either with diarrhea or throwing up off and on throughout this 5 weeks. My whole family got it and I infected everyone I work with, all who got tested for the flu and were negative. MMM. Covid-19 earlier than they were saying that it was in the US? Crazy how I remember so much about this past sickness.

Sorry for the poo sentences, I don't feel like fixing and I have a few beers in me. Cheers everyone!

42 minutes ago, Boundary Guru said:

The wask wearing, where I live/work/play (Nags Head), is surprisingly really high. Granted Dare County just went into mandatory mask wearing this past Sunday. We, also, have a really high number of out of towners this time of year. As much as I bitch about the northerners, this time of year, I salute those now.

My (healthy 42 year old) experience with, what is believed to have been cavid-19, was HORRIBLE!!! 2ND sickest I have ever been. Total loss of smell and taste, sky high fever, red rash over the top of my left foot toward my 3 small toes, so congested in my head and an absolutely horrible lung condition for 5 weeks total starting Feb. 7th. Woke up to sneezing eight times at 3:00 am Feb. 7th, worked that next week, stayed home the next week, went back to work the week after (felt pretty good, until Friday), that Saturday night at 9:00 pm my fever spiked (1st time I had a fever), the whole office had to close the next week, as everyone was sick, then the next week I worked feeling like crap. Also, add being sick either with diarrhea or throwing up off and on throughout this 5 weeks. My whole family got it and I infected everyone I work with, all who got tested for the flu and were negative. MMM. Covid-19 earlier than they were saying that it was in the US? Crazy how I remember so much about this past sickness.

Sorry for the poo sentences, I don't feel like fixing and I have a few beers in me. Cheers everyone!

SUPER SPREADER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alex Trebek Point GIF by Jeopardy!

I've switched to wearing an N95 in NC. In CO, I was just wearing a simple surgical mask but that's because virtually everyone was wearing masks. Here, virtually no one is wearing masks. Surgical masks basically just protect others from you, not you from others. All the N95s I own have a one way valve in them, so they don't do as good of a job protecting others from me, but fug 'em. They're not wearing anything anyway. I gotta protect me and mine from these damn idiots.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've switched to wearing an N95 in NC. In CO, I was just wearing a simple surgical mask but that's because virtually everyone was wearing masks. Here, virtually no one is wearing masks. Surgical masks basically just protect others from you, not you from others. All the N95s I own have a one way valve in them, so they don't do as good of a job protecting others from me, but fug 'em. They're not wearing anything anyway. I gotta protect me and mine from these damn idiots.

Keep yourself safe

What I Learned About Coronavirus From Watching Zombie Movies

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

A good friend of mine is a hotel manager in NC and said I would not believe the survey complaints they got with their new rule changes to help stop the spread...people saying to stop the political bs, how it’s very unfriendly, etc. North Carolina is fuged.

When I worked at Hampton Inn, we got graded by those surveys. What people don't know is that only 9's and 10's count- everything else is a zero. So if they gave you a bunch of 8's, they all counted as zeros.

4 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

When I worked at Hampton Inn, we got graded by those surveys. What people don't know is that only 9's and 10's count- everything else is a zero. So if they gave you a bunch of 8's, they all counted as zeros.

poo i always give 8s lol

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It blows my mind how virtually everyone seems utterly blind to what is coming in the real estate market.

Not everyone. It's just that those that aren't aren't saying much.

Warren Buffet is fond of saying in every market there is a fool in the market. If you don't know who the fool in the market is, it's you.

I think there's gonna be a lot of fools in the real estate market in the not too distant future.