• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

1 minute ago, stirs said:

Twitter is certainly a boost to all intellectual endeavors

Twitter is just the continuation of having complete freedom to communicate to the world, while reducing human interaction to it's most disturbing elements. 

Social media is a net negative. I have literally said that for years. All the way back to the MySpace days. It was cool and fun at one time but it was also really easy to see how it would end up and it fulfilled my expectations and then some. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Imo, the real cause of all of the issues with people following guidelines or not is the source of information we are supposed to trust are the biggest group of liars in the country. 

Data changes with a novel virus. You're working with a small data subset and virtually no history.

It's interesting how the group that claims the experts are liars vigorously accepted constantly shifting politically motivated conspiracies. It's a Chinese biological weapon. No, it's a liberal hoax. No, it's a "nothing burger". No, we just need to "learn how to live with it." Listen, that's exactly what we're trying to do. We have very good evidence that mask wearing and social distancing are very effective at preventing  and slowing the spread but that requires the absolute minimum of effort and you don't like that so you claim that people who wear masks are sheep and politicize it.

What we really need is a pandemic that specific targets the stupid.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Twitter is just the continuation of having complete freedom to communicate to the world, while reducing human interaction to it's most disturbing elements. 

Social media is a net negative. I have literally said that for years. All the way back to the MySpace days. It was cool and fun at one time but it was also really easy to see how it would end up and it fulfilled my expectations and then some. 

Agreed. The world would be a better place without twitter.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Imo, the real cause of all of the issues with people following guidelines or not is the source of information we are supposed to trust are the biggest group of liars in the country. 

I don't follow the guidelines I go beyond them.  The importance of my health and my family s health coupled with my own common sense  tell me that as this is a novel virus , the experts could be wrong.  Better to  ere on the side of caution.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep and the reason why I made the decision never to get any social media account even from the very beginning.  People are increasingly deleting or simply not using their accounts.  I have talked to several people lately that has sworn off social media for good.  The crap is completely toxic, and like you, saw the writing on the wall long ago.  I have zero regrets about abstaining from social media.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

You are listening to the wrong people. I assume you are referencing MSM, politicians and social media? There are plenty of purely factual sites that provide pure data and no opinion. Then you can make your own conclusions.

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I never post on social media but just read what people say... it’s mind blowing.  So many good people become enemies because they have a different opinion about some stupid irrelevant poo.  I love the new trend “If you do not agree with my opinion, unfriend me please”.  Like what are you?  8 years old?

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You can probably throw facebook in there as well.  My wife uses it to communicate with her distant family.  If not for that, we would have given up our account long ago.  

I know a lot of people begun deleting LinkedIn as well.  I have a feeling social media will tank soon.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Data changes with a novel virus. You're working with a small data subset and virtually no history.

It's interesting how the group that claims the experts are liars vigorously accepted constantly shifting politically motivated conspiracies. It's a Chinese biological weapon. No, it's a liberal hoax. No, it's a "nothing burger". No, we just need to "learn how to live with it." Listen, that's exactly what we're trying to do. We have very good evidence that mask wearing and social distancing are very effective at preventing  and slowing the spread but that requires the absolute minimum of effort and you don't like that so you claim that people who wear masks are sheep and politicize it.

What we really need is a pandemic that specific targets the stupid.

We do, its called politics

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

You can probably throw facebook in there as well.  My wife uses it to communicate with her distant family.  If not for that, we would have given up our account long ago.  

True. I’ve unfriended everyone who talks politics so my FB feed is pretty tame these days. Twitter is just a digital mob. Full of bullies and people who just want to complain or think they have the world figured out.

• Pie 1