• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which Panther was the GOAT?

Hotsauce

Who was the greatest Panther of all time?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which Panther was the GOAT?

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

Steve Smith was a 5'9", 185 lbs BULLY. 

On and off the field. In a sport with the biggest, baddest, meanest mofos in the WORLD! 

He is without a doubt the GOAT. You could scheme Luke. You could scheme Cam. The only way to stop 89 was to keep throwing bodies at him until you eventually slowed him down. Which usually started at around 3 defenders. Personification of a junk yard, 50 pound chain wearing, no shelter from the elements, raw meat eating, pit bull. You bet not go in that yard - if you know what I know!

you couldn't scheme Cam at all. he dragged an offense with WRs like Kaelin Clay, Bersin, Philly Brown, Ted Ginn, etc to multiple playoff appearances behind an OL that never consisted of a top 20 OT on either side of the line.

13 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

you couldn't scheme Cam at all. he dragged an offense with WRs like Kaelin Clay, Bersin, Philly Brown, Ted Ginn, etc to multiple playoff appearances behind an OL that never consisted of a top 20 OT on either side of the line.

I hate to say this, but I think the Broncos did scheme him.  Of course, they had the advantage of knowing our OC's adjustments to what they were doing would be to double-down and do more of the same, hoping for different results.  <Sigh>

4 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I hate to say this, but I think the Broncos did scheme him.  Of course, they had the advantage of knowing our OC's adjustments to what they were doing would be to double-down and do more of the same, hoping for different results.  <Sigh>

They also had the advantage of referees looking the other way in regards to hits on Cam

I'm not a fan of the question, especially when it comes to team sports, there are simply too many variables to consider.

Having said that, Cam would be my choice for having the greatest positive impact of any player ever on the team.

Steve Smith would be my choice for the player that exceeded all expectations, taking his game to the next level.  If we had a team of players as dedicated as Steve Smith, the Panthers would win the Super Bowl every year.

Peppers was the GOAT on defense, but had an aggravating tendency to take plays off at the wrong moment in time.

Honorable mention to Luke, but his noggin wasn't able to deal with the punishment the NFL dishes out.

TLDR: Cam

1 hour ago, jfra78 said:

They also had the advantage of referees looking the other way in regards to hits on Cam

Let’s be honest here. SB50 was the NFL’s way of punishing Cam for being unabashedly black and confident and himself. All so golden boy Manning can get his retirement trophy.

23 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

the greatest football players to play for the panthers were steve smith and julius peppers.

the greatest panther of all time was cam newton. everyone else was a fuggin scrub.

Sam Mills and Thomas Davis > Cam. End of story. 

I mean it’s not like people don’t yell “keep pounding” in the stadium or anything. 

4 hours ago, Delhomme2Muhammad said:

Steve Smith being the GOAT Panther is a reflection of him being the first guy to have a lengthy career as a top tier player for a new team that has no history.

He'd be a respected, but another receiver for other teams. In some cases, wouldn't even make the slot position for their all time team.

The only player in the history of the Panthers to play in both bottom ranked teams.

Newton would be, or challenge to be, the best player and/or qb in the history of other teams.

Dude ... Cam isn't even a top 20 QBs of all time. Smitty is a top 20 WR of all time.

8 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

She means the "F150 people", a term she's used. You know, racism spewing from her mouth.

It’s only racist if it fits a certain agenda. If you’re a Caucasian male anything said against you is fair game because you’re likely entitled and/or privileged. These are things that I hear from people.

Archived